Pastor/Director of College-Age Ministry
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Madison, WI Post Date: August 17, 2017
Blackhawk Church is a multi-site, multi-venue, intergenerational church with a passion for reaching our community. Located in Madison, Wisconsin - capital city, home to the Big 10's University of Wisconsin and a thriving place for young adults - Blackhawk is looking for a Pastor/Director of College-Age Ministry to reach college students and connect them to a healthy church. Along with a passion for college students, the ideal candidate is a relational gatherer who brings skills in strategic leadership, community-building, teaching/speaking and vocational experience in college-age ministry.
Vision and Strategy
- Provide strategic leadership and spiritual shepherding for Blackhawk's College-Age Ministry.
- Move college-age adults toward connection and involvement in the inter-generational church (not a church-within-a-church model).
- In collaboration with the Director of Life Groups, provide direction and oversight of small group opportunities for college students.
Development & Team Building·
- Identify leaders and volunteers, and develop teams.·
- Provide leadership and oversight to the College-Age Ministry staff and interns, encouraging their spiritual growth, developing their ministry skills and giving accountable supervision.
General Pastor/Director Duties
- Teach in College-Age Ministry settings.
- In collaboration with appropriate staff, provide care and pastoral connection to college-age students.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Stable, mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ
- Committed to the vision and values of Blackhawk Church
- Bachelor's degree required, and theological training preferred
- Experience in strategic thinking, and able to anticipate and initiate change
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Primary gift/skill set: Leadership, Shepherding, Teaching
FIRST YEAR GOALS
- Develop multiple connecting points for college-age students, enabling them to be part of the life of Blackhawk Church. Special focus on reaching freshmen as they begin their college careers.
- Continue to build relationships with campus ministries so that students and leaders can easily find a home at Blackhawk.
How to apply
Visit www.blackhawkchurch.org/jobs for an application. Email the completed application, a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.