Pastor for Worship & ...
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Suffolk, VA Post Date: May 19, 2017
Nansemond River Baptist Church is a multigenerational, gospelcentered, elder led congregation in Suffolk, VA. We are a church with a clear vision: We exist to glorify God and exalt Jesus by reaching up through worship and prayer, reaching in through discipleship and fellowship, and reaching out through evangelism and ministry. This statement guides everything we do as we seek to make disciples that make disciples.
Our musical style is contemporary and our song selection is mixed. Our music is a direct reflection of our mission statement as it is intended to point people to God and His character, set the stage and support the preaching of the word, and propel our church to live the mission of God.
- Serve as a pastor/elder of the church.
- Plan worship services with songs that are doctrinally sound, theologically rich, and exalting to Jesus. In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, coordinate music and other service elements that correspond to the sermon being preached during the service.
- Lead rehearsal for the band, singers, and worship choir to best utilize team members' giftedness and to promote undistracting excellence during corporate worship services.
- Provide discipleship and accountability for worship team members as a part of our mission to make disciples that make disciples.
- Provide leadership, accountability, and resources to media team members.
- Manage online planning (Planning Center Online) and licensing (rehearsal, live performance, and online streaming).
- Create pathways to service for new church members to become involved in the worship team and media team.
- One or more additional areas of responsibility will be required as a part of this position. Additional areas of responsibility will be determined based on the combination of the pastor's skill set, giftedness, and experience and the needs within our leadership team.
- Called and qualified man according to the standards set in 1 Timothy 3:17.
- Musically gifted with the ability to play at least one musical instrument (guitar or keyboard preferred).
- Ability to recruit, lead, and organize a team of volunteers.
- Team player who understands and will thrive within a plural elder style of church leadership.
How to apply
- Visit http://www.nansemondriver.com/careers and follow instructions to apply.
- Please only apply from http://www.nansemondriver.com/careers. Applications submitted via other means will not be considered. Do not mail your resumé to the church or email it to any other staff members.