Pastor of Adult Ministry
Job type: Full-time
Location: Canfield, OH Post Date: March 29, 2017
The purpose of this pastoral position is to provide leadership for adult ministry at Old North focusing on shepherding, strategic vision, resourcing, teaching, and training.
- Committed to personal discipleship - growth toward Christian maturity in the areas of conviction, character, and competency through deepening relationships with God's word and God's people
- Strongly supports the mission, vision, values, and leadership of Old North
- Evidence of calling, experience, skills, and giftedness
- Seminary degree required
- Minimum three years experience preferred
- Evidence of workplace habits in prior employment demonstrating
- strong interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently as a team member and team leader
- ability to initiate and implement a plan of action for adults in spiritual growth, service and Outreach
- faithful steward in use of time and resources
- Provide overall training and shepherding to the adults of the church, actively engaging them in small group and one-to-one settings
- Oversee all of the church's Adult Ministry programming, including: Sunday School, Wednesday night small groups, existing home groups, men's and women's ministry, etc.
- Refine and grow the church's small group ministry, managing current groups and launching new ones
- Work to increase participation of adults in current adult ministry programming
- Refine and further develop a stated pathway for discipleship
- Participate in biblical teaching in various Adult Ministry venues
- Regularly connect with and provide training for adult ministry leaders
- Assist in developing, training, and mobilizing new adult ministry leaders
- Assist in building a stronger culture of evangelism (regular classes, evangelism training, etc.)
- Oversee the budget and expenditures for Adult Ministry
- Work in cooperation with other Adult Ministry staff to accomplish collaborative goals and execute the ministry of the church
- Other general areas of pastoral ministry such as care, counseling, wedding, funerals, participation in corporate worship, etc.
How to apply
Contact Pastor Chris Drombetta at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.