Pastor of Discipleship Ministries
Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Teaneck, NJ Post Date: July 13, 2017
Grace Redeemer Church seeks to hire an experienced pastor who demonstrates a missional mind-set and a shepherding/discipling heart. The candidate should relish the opportunity to minister within a fast-paced environment that is not unlike a young church plant. Given GRC's growth and our need for leadership over several ministry areas, some pastoral responsibilities can be adjusted to match the qualifications/experience of the candidate. This position is full-time and provides a salary/benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities would include:
- Supervise staff and volunteer leaders of program ministries including:
- Discipleship Groups, Growth Groups, Men's and Women's Ministries.
- Invest personally in discipling men
- Ensure that all ministries at GRC maintain a discipleship-orientation (e.g. Celebrate Recovery, core Growth Groups, more intense Discipleship Groups, our Children's & Youth ministries – the common thread is our desire to "present everyone full mature in Christ" (Colossians 1:28).
- Serve on a team of counselors and pastoral-counselors
- Participate in leadership development (e.g. equipping GG and DG leaders; shepherding existing officers; raising up new officer-candidates).
- Oversee Adult Christian Education strategy and implementation
- Preaching opportunities as gifted/experienced
Character and Gift-Mix
- A passion for equipping the saints (Eph 4:12); a heart that delights in shepherding, discipleship, leadership development.
- Core godliness; secure-in-Christ, a man who has nothing to prove to his peers or to the flock. A man who preaches the Gospel to himself, and who models the Gospel to his wife and to his children.
- Gospel-centered philosophy of ministry.
- Flexible, adaptable; comfortable with change; has an entrepreneurial spirit. GRC is 17 years old, but is still growing steadily and 'feels' like a church plant in terms of new visitors and ministries which heighten the pace of change.
How to apply
Applications via email-only should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any materials which cannot be digitally sent should be mailed to: Grace Redeemer Church, Attn: Recruiter, 125 Galway Place, 2nd Floor, Teaneck, NJ 07666. Applications should include a resume/C.V., Ministerial Data Form (if available), 2-3 sample sermons (mp3-format), 2 writing samples (one of which should be outside of the biblical-theological realm), and at least 3 references.