Pastor of Discipleship
Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: McMinnville, OR Post Date: June 14, 2017
Creekside Community Church is actively seeking to hire a full-time person to assist the Elders to expand the discipleship and shepherding capacity of the church.
We hold a high value on relationships within the church as being the context for discipleship and ministry. As such, it is important that we not only find a person with the skills needed, but that they possess the emotional and spiritual maturity to function as part of the church and the leadership team. We are looking for a man who meets the following profile:
• He would demonstrate and maintain the ability to meet the biblical qualifications for elders listed in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
• He would exemplify a commitment to our "Leadership Culture" values1.
• He would agree with our doctrinal statement and philosophy of ministry2.
• He would possess the spiritual sensitivity and awareness to operate effectively within the cultural framework of the church and community.
• He would demonstrate an ability to effectively teach, exhort, lead, and correct using the Bible.
The goal of this position is assist the elders to expand the shepherding and discipleship ministries of Creekside. The ideal candidate would demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas of responsibility: • Develop and coach Missional Community leaders to ensure that our Missional Communities are multiplying and serving as effective avenues of discipleship and mission.
• Expand the teaching ministries of the church by planning and implementing needed electives, classes, and trainings.
• Equip, empower, encourage, and support those serving at Creekside through regular communication and coaching.
• Assist in the preaching ministry of the church in our weekly services as needed. • Multiply leaders through assisting in leadership training opportunities offered at Creekside as well as through the individual development of leaders.
• Assist in the day-to-day operations and communication within the church.
• Other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Leanne Hays. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org