Pastor of Student Ministries
Job type: Full-time
Category: Associate/Executive Pastor
Location: Perry Hall, MD Post Date: September 18, 2017
The Pastor of Student Ministries will direct and shepherd the Jr. High (7th - 8th grade)& Sr. High (9th -12th grade) student ministries; recruit, train, &maintain volunteer leaders; assist and equip parents; educate, minister to, and include students in the ministry of the church and follow up with guests.
Position Description: Pastor of Student ministries
Position Summary: The Pastor of Student Ministries will direct and shepherd the Jr. High (7th - 8th grade) & Sr. High (9th -12th grade) student ministries; recruit, train, & maintain volunteer leaders; assist and equip parents; educate, minister to, and include students in the ministry of the church and follow up with teen guests.
Ministry Department: Student Ministry
Position Reports To: Lead Pastor
Hours: This is a full-time, salaried position (minimum 40+ hours/week) and requires the Pastor of Student Ministries to be on call on a rotating basis with other pastoral staff. A basic work schedule consists of working Monday through Thursday, 8:30 – 4:30 PM in addition to student ministry activities. Attendance at all Sunday and Wednesday services and special events is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible to lead the Next Generation team while coordinating the overall ministry to students and their families at Perry Hall Baptist Church. Specific duties include:
1. Strive towards a thriving Student Ministry in coordination with the overall mission, goals and objectives of the church.
2. Directly align all Student Ministry initiatives and ministries under the core values of the church.
3. Aggressively pursue reaching, discipling and shepherding students and parents of students.
4. Lead/supervise the planning, coordinating, training, implementation, and evaluation of the of the following areas: Sunday morning student ministry discipleship; Off-campus student ministry discipleship; Student Ministry community outreach (local missions); Student Ministry Global Missions; Student Ministry worship services - currently the service is conducted each week on Wednesday evenings beginning at 6:30 p.m..
5. Coordinate an outreach ministry to students which includes follow-up of guests.
6. Lead local public school on-campus ministries.
7. Conduct regular, on-going Leadership Meetings with staff and volunteers of the ministries mentioned above to plan and pray for the ministries in which they serve.
8. Stay on the growing edge of these ministries by attending conferences and reading books.
9. Prepare and administrate the budget and calendar for the student ministries.
10. Attend staff meetings, pastor and directors' meetings and other meetings as deemed necessary.
11. Serve as the in-office Pastor of the Day (POD) on a rotating basis with other pastors.
12. Preach during the main worship service on a rotating basis when requested.
1. Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in performing all work in order to honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. Provides faithful, godly leadership to his own family.
3. Is willing and able to serve under the direction and authority of the Pastor at Perry Hall Baptist Church.
4. Faithfully maintain discretion and effectively deal with sensitive and/or confidential information of a written and spoken nature.
5. Use independent judgment to determine work priorities.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Pastor or as needed by the Church.
7. Is a loyal staff member by cooperating and following the leadership of the church.
8. Follow Perry Hall Baptist Church's Bylaws, Constitution, policies and procedures.
9. Lives out an exemplary Christian life.
10. Work in coordination with the overall mission, goals and objectives of the church which are summarized by the mission statement: Getting the Gospel to every family in Maryland.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- A Master's degree in ministry or a related field is preferred.
- At least 3 years of significant student ministry leadership and/or church staff experience.
- A proven record of effective leadership.
- The ability to connect and build relationships with church
- A shepherd's heart.
- A high degree of communication skills.
- A strong prayer life.
- The ability to maintain a biblical work/life balance.
Conditions And Physical Requirements:
This position generally requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Extended travel may also be necessary when required. Though this position will normally serve in an office environment, the nature of the work requires an individual who may be required to lift, squat, push, and pull in excess of 50 pounds at times.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. Perry Hall Baptist Church retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
How to apply
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.