Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Centreville, VA Post Date: August 02, 2017
About the Position
The Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts will provide oversight and leadership to all aspects of theworship experience at CBC. This is a pastoral position that requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director/coordinator but also as a shepherd those who serve in this ministry(musicians, AV, support, etc.).
What We Are Searching For
CBC is searching for a pastor to provide vision and leadership to our worship ministries in a pivotal time for our church body. We are looking for someone who has the musical credentials and ability to take our music styles and talent and build upon a ministry that reflects our mission, vision, and values. In general, the music style will be molded by the worship pastor, but must be Spirit-led with a blending of the talents at CBC to create a sound that is unique to CBC and of the highest quality. One of the main missions—at least in the beginning—will be to take us from two distinct styles and develop a unified worship experience that will more effectively bring glory to God and joy to the congregation.
We are looking for a talented, trained, and experienced person, who is gifted and skilled, humble and kind, with a true pastor's heart. He will bring glory to God in shepherding his teams and leading the flock in corporate worship. As he shepherds his teams, he will continually recruit and cultivate young musicians to participate in leading the body in worship.
The successful candidate will exemplify the following characteristics:
● A clear testimony of a saving faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
● A heart for personal worship. The Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts must be accustomed to devotions of deep, personal worship because of a great love of Christ. Out of this great love of Jesus flows the ability to lead worship corporately.
● Agreement with CBC's Statement of Faith
● A technical understanding of dramatic arts, stage/set design, production, and lighting to support the church's message and encourage worship
● Gifted in leading the congregation as a vocalist
● Understanding of music theory, ability to read/conduct a musical score written for voices and instruments
● Knowledgeable and experienced in directing various sizes of vocal groupings- from Praise Team size to choir-size
● Experience in mentoring and developing multiple worship teams
● Has led worship in a church of at least 800-1,000 members, and therefore understands the particular needs of our size church.
● Has experience coordinating multiple services
● Has experience in driving change in the Worship experience of a congregation
● Has a minimum of 5 years of worship pastor experience with increasingly greater ministry responsibilities
● Has a degree in music from an accredited college or seminary
● Able to lead worship from a guitar or keyboard
How to apply
Email your resume to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.