Pastor of Worship & Discipleship
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC Post Date: June 22, 2017
Lakeside Baptist Church is located in the heart of North Myrtle Beach, SC just 3 blocks from the ocean. Established in 1948, Lakeside is ideally situated in one of the fastest growing areas of the country and is set to make a significant impact on the surrounding community in the days ahead. We are currently looking for an Assoc. Pastor of Worship & Discipleship to lead our music/worship ministry as well as work alongside the lead pastor to help create a culture of discipleship.
- The Associate Pastor of Worship & Discipleship will provide spiritual leadership to all aspects of the worship and music ministry at LBC under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor in planning and evaluating all worship services of the church. This would entail selecting and introducing worship songs that would supplement and support the theological theme of the worship service.
- Oversee all personnel within the music ministry (this includes volunteers, paid musicians, etc.) and provide regular instruction, oversight, feedback, etc.
- Supervise the purchase, use, and maintenance of all musical instruments, equipment and supplies required by the church music ministry.
- Work to create a culture of discipleship through organizing and implementing discipleship structures and leading in developing organic discipleship relationships.
- Work alongside the Lead Pastor in all areas of the pastoral ministry including preaching/teaching, hospital and crisis visitation, counseling, discipleship, outreach, etc
- Perform other duties as requested by the Pastor and/or congregation.
- Meets the character qualifications of a pastor/elder/spiritual overseer as seen in 1 Tim. 3
- Theological Training – a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited Bible College or Seminary is preferred.
- A Shepherd's Heart – the ideal candidate will have the heart of a pastor (not a performer) and will seek to shepherd the congregation through worship, teaching, one-on-one discipleship, etc.
- A Passion for Discipleship – the ideal candidate will have a strong desire to see and help others develop as mature and faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
- Gifted worship leader with the ability to lead the congregation in God-exalting, Christ-Centered, and theologically rich hymns and contemporary worship music.
- Skilled musician (preferably the piano, keyboard, or guitar)
- Competency in sound tech and worship software a plus
- Enjoys working with all age groups
How to apply
Please send a copy of your resume along with a link or example of worship experience to: email@example.com
You can find more info about the church on our website www.lakesidebaptist.net