Pastor of Youth and Families
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Charlotte, NC Post Date: April 28, 2017
Hope Community Church is a PCA church in Charlotte, NC that was planted in 2002. We are a Sonship-oriented church with two sites - one in the urban South End area of Charlotte, and one in the more suburban Olde Providence area. We are committed to a philosophy of ministry that focuses on relationships over programs. We have a lot of young families, have experienced significant growth in the past two years, and are looking for our first full-time Pastor of Youth and Families. Our pastoral staff follows a collegial model and "fit" within the team is a high value for us.
Hope's Pastor of Youth and Families is responsible for developing and overseeing Hope's Youth Ministry, including shepherding the youth ministry volunteers, middle school and high school students, and their families. This role requires a strong ability to understand the current culture and apply the gospel to it. The Pastor of Youth and Families will function as a member of the pastoral team and be supervised by the Executive Pastor.
Duties & Responsibilities
Equip Parents – Hope's youth ministry seeks to affirm and assist parents in their calling to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Develop pastoral, shepherding relationships with parents.
- Evaluate and share resources for parenting teenagers.
- Coordinate seminars and/or conferences on parenting teenagers.
- Plan events which foster relationships between parents and teenagers (i.e. Father-Son and Mother-Daughter outings, Family cookouts, mission trips, etc.).
- Communicate about Youth Ministry activities regularly with parents in a way that equips them to have conversations with their teens (i.e. topics of study, suggested follow up questions, etc.).
- Assist other pastoral staff and ministry leaders in incorporating Hope's youth into other church ministry areas, as both participants and volunteers.
- Helping youth identify and use their gifts within the larger church family.
- Help youth connect with and build relationships with other adult church members.
- Pursue and develop personal relationships with Hope's youth.
- Plan weekly large group youth meetings which focus on community building and gospel teaching. These weekly meetings should be welcoming to visitors and easy for youth to bring their non-Christian friends.
- Develop small groups or mentoring groups which focus on discipling youth in gospel living.
- Teach an annual Introduction to Worship class focused on helping youth transition from Children's Ministry into Adult Worship and the Youth Ministry.
- Plan Youth Retreats (Fall and Spring weekend retreats, and a week-long Summer retreat).
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented that ensure the safety of youth during all youth activities.
- Recruit, train, and oversee adult volunteers in doing relational ministry and mentoring Hope's youth.
- Recruit, train, and oversee seminary interns as available.
- Ensure that all youth volunteers undergo regular background checks.
- Cultivate Hope's strategic partnership with Young Life and other youth ministries that reflect Hope's vision and philosophy of ministry.
- Preach Periodically.
- Participate in Hope's Community Group ministry.
- Growing, personal relationship with Christ
- Heart for teenagers and parents
- Relationally winsome
- Appreciation for Covenant Theology
- Collegial team player
- Effective communicator and teacher
- Effective disciple-maker
- Ability to recruit and train volunteers and teams
- Ability to be ordained within the PCA
- Familiarity with various social media platforms
- Proficiency with basic MS Office products
Hours and Compensation:The Pastor of Youth and Families is a full-time position.$50k - $70k plus benefits based on education and experience.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Matt Guzi at email@example.com