About this role
The Minister of Youth and Music is to aid in the shepherding efforts of Sylvania Church through teaching, example, and administration of the Youth (grades 6-12), partnering with their parents, and guiding the congregation in musical worship.
Salary/Range: $40,000 - $60,000
- Coordinate and promote Bible study, discipleship training, outreach, missions, and fellowship opportunities for the Youth of Sylvania Church (grades 6-12)
- Plan and direct all activities related to the Youth of Sylvania
- Develop and work with a Youth Ministry team to aid in planning, vision, and execution of all Youth events and activities
- Enlist and train all leaders and volunteers related to the Youth Ministry
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor and Elders to maintain an interconnected relationship between the Youth and the larger congregational body of Sylvania Church
- Give aid and support to the parents of Youth
- Give aid and support to the larger, community-wide activities of Sylvania Church
- Prepare and submit the annual Youth Budget to the Finance Team for review and approval
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the planning of corporate worship services
- Responsible for selection and distribution of music to members of the Music Team
- Lead congregational singing
- Administrate the recruitment and placement of weekly music volunteers, including the Audio-Visual Team
- Prepare and submit the annual Music Budget to the Finance Team for review and approval
- Must meet all the character qualities given of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9
- Must adhere to the overall doctrinal statement of Sylvania Church
- Formal biblical training is preferred, whether from a Bible College or a Seminary
This is a full-time position. There is an expectation of office hours. It is understood, however, that a great deal of ministry is done off site and at odd hours. If the Youth/Music Pastor is going to be absent during standard office hours, his supervisor and the any proper office staff should be aware of the reason.
How to apply
Interested in this Position?
Email your resume to [email protected]Back to results