Pastor of Youth & Children’s Ministries
Job type: Full-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Winsdor, ON, MN Post Date: September 20, 2017
Purpose within Ministry
To aid the church body as we equip and disciple our student population with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Pastoral role will involve personal interaction, partnering with parents, leading volunteers and working along with ministry team.
ResponsibilitiesDirect involvement and oversight for our Youth (Grade 6-12) & Children's ministries and community outreach summer programs.This includes:
- Programming for mid-week and weekend ministry (mid-week and weekend) that encompasses worship, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, and service components.
- Functioning as the "public face" of Youth & Children's ministries at Campbell.
- Developing strong discipleship teams and helping to equip and motivate them for ministry.
- Designing and/or selecting relevant, age-appropriate, and biblical teaching themes/curriculum.
- Teaching regularly in various settings within our student ministries.
- Helping to plan and coordinate outreach events (Vacation Bible, etc.).
- Providing pastoral care/counsel to students, parents, and ministry leaders.
- Encouraging students to participate actively in the larger life of the church.
- Abiding by our Child Protection policies where appropriate.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings that emphasize team building, communication, problem solving, and prayer.
- Playing a regular part in Sunday worship services through Scripture, prayer, announcements, interviews, baptisms, communion, and occasional preaching.
- Preparing a ministry plan with appropriate goals and strategies.
- Creating an annual ministry budget and operating within it.
- Performing additional duties as needed or directed.
- Accountable to the Elders Board and the congregation.
- Clear testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- Adherence to and comprehension of reformed theology (i.e. the doctrines of grace) as it is laid out in the Old and New Testaments.
- Commitment to Campbell's statement of faith, doctrine, mission and, vision.
- Meets with the qualifications of Elders as stated in 1 Timothy 3.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both small and large groups.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- A motivated self-starter who is able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of students and families.
- Awareness of trends in student ministries and contemporary culture.
- Experience (>3 years) in ministries in a local church, either on a full/part-time, internship or volunteer basis.
- Formal post-secondary education in biblical/theological/ministry studies (Master of Divinity is a plus).
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience and in line with similar-sized churches in our region.
Campbell Baptist Church is a multigenerational, multi-ethnic body that emphasizes expositional preaching, sound doctrine and heart-felt community. We are located blocks away from the main campus of the University of Windsor, a public, research university with a student population of 16,000 students. Historically known as the automotive capital of Canada, Windsor, Ontario lies directly across the Detroit River from Detroit, Michigan.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to Regan Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Campbell Baptist Church, visit our website at www.campbellbaptist.org.