Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Post Date: May 08, 2017
We are seeking a pastor, preferably with international exposure, to provide spiritual leadership and a strong pulpit and worship presence. Strong commitment to biblical teaching and pastoralcounselling is essential. The pastor is an energetic team worker, fluent in English, ordained in a recognized Protestant tradition and able to demonstrate initiative and resilience. The pastor is a Teaching Elder and a non-voting member of The Session.
- God's calling
- Ordained in a recognised Protestant tradition
- Fluent in English
- Spiritual and pastoral leadership qualities. The pastor has a close personal relationship with God andprioritizes guiding the congregation towards the same goal.
- Gift for preaching and Christian education. The pastor is a minister of The Word and a spiritual guidewho will provide challenging opportunities for the congregation to grow infaith. We are seeking a leader with strength in delivering biblically basedsermons, and actively involved in helping us to live out our faith in oureveryday lives.
- Conduct of Worship. The pastor is responsible for the conduct of worship, administering the sacraments of baptism and The Lords Supper, conducting weddings and funerals, and infant andadult baptisms, as provided for in The Book Of Order of St. Andrew'sPresbyterian Church.
- Skills to lead a multi-cultural and multi-denominational congregation. In St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, the challenge is the diversity in nationality and denominational background. Thepastor is responsible for leading the congregation to fulfil the goals laid outin the Vision and Mission statement. (see below) The pastor must have strong communication skills and be a team player with the ability to build bridges between groups with diverging views with an emphasis on inclusiveness.
- Pastoral Care. The pastor should have an understanding of the different needs of the groups within theChurch and be able to shepherd them.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a full time pastor
- Excellent references
- Preferably married and aged above 45 years old.
- Sensitive to local laws and cultures.
Mission: Make, nurture and equip disciples of Jesus Christ from the International, English speaking people in Kuala Lumpur.
Vision: To become a biblically grounded, Christian centred community, united in love and using our gifts for the building up of the Church in Kuala Lumpur and throughout the world.
How to apply
Please write to Psc@standrewschurch.org.my