Job type: Part-time
Location: Manhattan, NY Post Date: June 22, 2017
Exilic Church is seeking a part-time Pastoral Intern looking to gain ministry experience in the heart of center-city Manhattan. Located in Herald Square, Exilic is a church plant which launched in November of 2014. In the past two and half years, the church has grown rapidly, with around 200 people gathering weekly for Sunday services and 100 communing members. A majority of the regular attenders are young professionals living and working in New York City, but the number of college students and married couples is increasing significantly. This can be a valuable learning and ministry experience for anyone seeking to pursue church planting or urban ministry in New York City. For more information about Exilic, please visit www.exilicchurch.com.
- Become a part of the Pastoral team which currently consists of the planting pastor and an assistant pastor.
- Help formulate and implement material forChristian education in an urban context.
- Lead one or two community groups which meet every other week.
- Participate in monthly events designed specifically for college students attending Exilic.
- Meet with a small group of members monthly for accountability and prayer.
- Gain experience presiding over the worship service regularly and preaching at least once per quarter.
How to apply
Please submit the following information to email@example.com
- Statement of faith
- Philosophy or vision of ministry
- Sermon recording (audio or video)
- Three references, one of which should be pastoral