Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Janesville, WI Post Date: August 14, 2017
Bethel Baptist Church, located in Janesville, Wisconsin, is seeking a Senior/Lead Pastor anointed by God to Lead Bethel through servant leadership. Janesville is a vibrant, growing city of over 60,000 people located in Southern Wisconsin 30 miles south of Madison, Wisconsin and approximately 60 miles north-west of Chicago, Illinois.
Bethel was established over 50 years ago and since then it has grown into a friendly, multi-generational congregation of about 500 attendees with over 800 followers. Bethel has a wide variety of ministries including local outreach, AWANA, children's, youth, women's, men's and small groups. Bethel has a rich history of biblical preaching, love, reaching the lost and a passion for missions. Currently the church supports more than 30 missionaries and organizations who serve around the world.
Bethel is a congregational governed church in which the senior pastor serves with the overseers to lead the church in our Lord's vision of reaching our community with the gospel.
- Preach God's Word accurately and clearly communicate the Gospel to transform lives through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Guide our congregation in applying biblical principles to make disciples who are mature in Christ.
- Provide vision, leadership, spiritual direction and mentoring to our executive pastor and associate pastors, part time staff, ministry volunteers and the church at large.
- Offer loving pastoral care and counsel to our broader congregation in the context of relationship building and discipleship.
- Lead in the congregational care and prayer ministries.
- A vibrant, compelling relationship with Jesus Christ showing evidence of ongoing spiritual growth.
- Sound character and integrity, meeting the biblical qualifications of an elder and overseer as defined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Complete agreement with Bethel Baptist Church's statement of faith.
- Theological degree from an evangelical institution with extensive leadership and staff management experience in pastoral or para-church ministries.
- A high regard for the scriptures, a heart of love and compassion for people and a passion for disciple making.
- A demonstrated background in preaching God's Word.
- Five to 10 years of experience as a senior or associate pastor.
- A Master's of Divinity (or related degree) or a Doctorate.
- Experience preaching in a multi-service environment.
A strong compensation, benefit package and relocation package will be provided to the qualified Senior/Lead Pastor selected by God and our congregation to fill this position.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should prayerfully consider our role and if directed by our Lord please forward your resume to: