Senior Pastor - First Baptist Church Lake Isabella
Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Lake Isabella, CA Post Date: August 10, 2017
Full-time Senior Pastor Position in Lake Isabella, CA
First Baptist Church exists to reach the lost by equipping and sending disciples to minister throughout our community and the world
The vision of First Baptist Church is that disciples would multiply in faith, leaders would multiply in our church, and that our church would multiply in outreach
Church Facilities and location
First Baptist Church Lake Isabella is located in the community of Lake Isabella, Ca.
Lake Isabella Demographics:
Kern Valley Total population 16,000 (2010 Census)
Elevation 2,513' 94% Anglo (Same as church population)
Local Economy supported by tourist activities revolved around the lake and the Kern River.
Average income ($24K per year male, $18K peryear female)
The church is centrally located in the heart of Lake Isabella with visibility from intersection of HWY 178 and HWY 155The church property consists of approximately 4 acres including Church facilities and offices, a playground, large parking lot, and 3-bedroom parsonage.
190 members Peak membership of 218 (2006)
125 average weekly attendance
Peak attendance 170 (2009)
20% under age 40, 80% over age 40 Community (58% under age 40, 42% over age 40)
32 Clubbers on average
17 "super heroes" (helpers)
Youth Group (6th-12th grade)
8-12 students on average
Vacation Bible School
Hume Lake Camp
o Involved with other churches around the community in sending kids to campo Sent 70 kids to summer camp this summer
o Fundraisers throughout the community
Wednesday night meals
o 50 participants on average
o Average of 64 participants Various classes/topics offered
Children's church (Pre-k through 4th)
o Average 9 kids
Men's Bible Study
o Men from other churches around the community attend
o 30 average weekly attendance
Women's bible Study
o 10 average weekly attendance
Women's Thursday morning fellowship at Coffee Mill
o 8-12 average attendance
o 25-30 participants
o Central hub for fire victims to pick up donated items
o Backpack drive, school supplies drive, shoes, coats
o Blood Drive
o Thanksgiving drive food baskets/dinner
o Samaritans Purse (Shoe box)o Harvest Festival (Halloween)
o Dinner Theatero Fuel/food vouchers
o Domestic violence support group
Boy Scouts / Cub Scouts
o Troop 690
o 20-25 Scouts
o Sunrise service
o Easter egg hunt
o 45 positive about future of the church
o 43 open to change
o 28 involved in ministry roles Service schedule (Sunday)
Children's Church (K – 4th)
Sunday School (all ages)
Church Office Hours 9:00-4:30 Monday-Thursday
The Church accepts the Holy Scriptures as its authority in matters of faith and practice.
The Primary doctrines are:1. God: That there is only one true and eternal God consisting of three co-equal persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We attribute the same adoration, worship, confidence, and titles to each one. (John 1:27-33; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16; Ephesians 2:18; 1 Peter 1:22).
2. Jesus Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is the one andonly Savior of man (Acts 4:12). He was born of the Virgin Mary without agency of a human father (Luke 1:31-35); that He was sinless in His life (Hebrews 4:15); that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3); that, for all who believe, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from all sin (1 John 1:7). We believe that He rose bodily from the grave; that He ascended to the right hand of the Father, there to make intercession for His own; and that He will personally and visibly return to this earth in power and glory (Luke 24:6-7; Acts 1:11; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28)
3. Holy Spirit: We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit,who came forth from the Father to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement (John 16:7-8); to regenerate, sanctify, and seal forever all who have been "born again" through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1:13-13).
4. The Bible: That the Bible, The Word of God, is our final authority and is trustworthy for faith and practice when interpreted responsibly under the guidance of God's Holy Spiritwithin the community of faith. We believe that "holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit" (2 Peter 1:21), that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is beneficial for doctrine, for admonition, for correction, and for instruction inrighteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). We believe the Bible is the final and absolute authority in matters of faith and practice.
5. Salvation: We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice (Ephesians 2:3; Romans 3:23) and have thereby earned both physical and spiritual death (Genesis 2:17; Romans 6:23; Romans 6:21). We believe that all who trust, who put their faith in, the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior, and who accept His atoning work upon the cross, will be saved forever (John 3:36); will be given glorified bodies (1 John 3:2); and will live with their Savior forever (1 Thessalonians 4:17). We believe that all who reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior will be eternally lost, separated forever from the God of glory (Revelation 20:15).
6. The Church: We believe "the Church" to be a company of people called out from the old creation into the new, being gathered by the Holy Spirit into one body of which Christ is the Head (Ephesians 1:22; Ephesians 5:25-27; Colossians 1:18). We believe the local church to be composed of members of "the Church", members who, having publicly professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior, and having been immersed in accord with the command of their Savior, voluntarily united together for the purposes of worship, fellowship, and the proclamation of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world; of such local churches we read in Acts 8:1, 12:1, 13:1, 1 Corinthians 16:19, Galatians 1:2, Romans 16:16 & numerous other scriptural passages.
7. Baptist Distinctive: We believe in certain historic Baptist distinctive taught in the Scriptures (a) in the pre-eminence of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, (b) in the competency of the individual soul before God, (Ephesians 2:18) (c) in the priesthood of all believers, (Matthew 6:6 and 1 Peter 2:5), (d) in a regenerate church membership, (Acts 2:47), (e) in the symbolic ordinances of believer's baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper,(Acts 2:38 & 1 Corinthians 11:24-36), (f) in the autonomy of the local church and its voluntary fellowship and cooperation with other churches of like faith and order, (Matthew 18:15-17), (g) in the separation of church and state, (Romans 14:4& 14:10-12), (h) in the majority rule within the church, as defined in the local church constitution, with each member having a voice and a vote, with equal rights to all and special privileges to none, (Matthew 18: 17), (i) and in the solemn obligation to obey the great commission of our Lord to take the good news of the Gospel into all the world, (Matthew 28:19-20).
8. Our Obligation: We believe that based upon our Spiritual beliefs we as individual Christians must jointly and solemnly accept the following obligations:• To strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge and holiness and to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and beliefs, (Hebrews 10:24; Romans 6:3-5; 1 Corinthians 11:23-24; Matthew 16:13-18).• To contribute regularly and cheerfully to the support of the ministry, mission activities and the expenses of the Church, (1 Corinthians 16:1-2).• To maintain family and secret devotions, to religiously educate our children, (2 Timothy 3:14-17).• To walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements and exemplary on our deportment, (2 Timothy 2:14-19).• To watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember each other in prayer; to aid each other in sickness and distress; and be slow to take offense but always ready for reconciliation (1 John 4:19-20).
The Pastor Search Committee of First Baptist Church Lake Isabella prays that this brief profile will aid in your consideration of shepherding our church. Our intention is not of this profile to "match" a Pastor to our church, but rather that a Pastor would be led to our church to help us as a church body match ourselves to the bible, to be more effective in ministering to the Kern River Valley.
SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Pastor provides leadership and spiritual guidance to the body of First Baptist Church of Lake Isabella located within the Kern River Valley.
Seeks God's Guidance and personally models the pursuit of godliness, prayer time, revival and evangelism. Motivates the congregation to do likewise.
Prepares and presents thought provoking and challenging messages during Sunday morning worship services through Bible study and prayer.
Equips men, women and children to be godly witnesses for Christ in their everyday lives and to serve the Lord more actively.
Provides spiritual leadership and direction to the Board of Deacons, Office Staff and a variety of ministry teams.
Spends the necessary time to engage the congregation one-on-one and/or in small groups to build trust, credibility and relationships.
Develops a kindred spirit among the believers.
Fosters a healthy spiritual working relationship between the deacons, staff and congregation, and facilitates Christ-like resolution of issues that may arise among the church body.
Provides crisis care for church and community families and other pastoral care as needed.
Facilitates the implementation of recommendations as described within the Church Assessment completed in 2017.
Administers the spiritual and business affairs of the Church efficiently and effectively.
Supervises, sets priorities and holds staff accountable for work quality and quantity based on performance measures developed by the Pastor and agreed to by individual staff members.
Directs and equips volunteers to operate in an efficient and effective manner.
Attends meetings and assists in conducting meetings and developing agendas.
Knowledge required for the position
Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, complying with the covenant of First Baptist Church and the biblical leadership qualifications of an overseer and elder described in 1 Timothy 3:16 and Titus 1:5-9.
Is competent in Bible teaching and preaching.
Is competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relations.
Has ministry experience that has been successful.
Has adequate skill and education for the position, preferably a Masters of Divinity degree.
Principal guidelines include, but are not limited to the Bylaws and Constitution of First Baptist Church Lake Isabella, approved Church Policies and Procedures, recommendations, as described in the most current Church Assessment and other various Policy Memorandum.
The ultimate source of conduct and behavior is contained in the Holy Bible, which supersedes all other sources should conflicts occur.
The Senior Pastor is accountable to Jesus Christ, the Deacon board and the Congregation of First Baptist Church of Lake Isabella.
The Senior Pastor will report to the Deacon Board and will beevaluated annually by the Deacon Board's Personnel Committee
How to apply
Send Resumes to Search Committee at email@example.com