Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Toronto, Post Date: May 30, 2017
POSITION: SENIOR PASTOR - NORTH YORK (CHINESE) BAPTIST CHURCH
The North York (Chinese) Baptist Church (NYCBC) Senior Pastor, along with vocational and lay pastors, shepherds our community composed of three people/language groups, distinctive in language (Cantonese, English, and Mandarin), demographics and background. The incumbent is to equip and encourage worshippers to grow in our relationship with God. The Senior Pastor will have a heart of discipleship, a passion for outreach, and mentor others to develop their gifts of ministry. The Senior Pastor, along with the Board of Deacons, will discern the long-range and short-term vision for NYCBC and develop strategic priorities, plans and actions to fulfill the vision.
The Senior Pastor will be responsible for the following:
- Promote the Spiritual Health of NYCBC Along with shepherding leaders, responsible for spiritual oversight for the believers at NYCBC; establishing, monitoring and implementing discipleship strategy for NYCBC; shepherding, feeding and guarding the flock through gospel-centered teaching and preaching, corporate worship and prayer, spurring them to grow towards Christ-likeness (Ephesians 4:12-13); equipping and engaging them in serving opportunities and challenging them to fulfill their God-given mission to make disciples.
- Model Biblical Priorities Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of NYCBC. The Senior Pastor should possess a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Strategic Leadership and Planning Responsible for clarifying and championing NYCBC's mission and core values. The Senior Pastor will work with the Board of Deacons to establish goals, action plans and provide leadership to the Pastoral Staff and Administrative staff to oversee the accomplishment of the approved goals. This leadership and input will be provided through many activities.
- Staff Supervision and Development Provides leadership to Pastoral and Administrative Staff. The Senior Pastor will organize, lead, empower, support, coach, and cheer on the staff to achieve their respective ministry goals as guided by the Holy Spirit.
- A born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, and has evidence of God's calling into full-time ministry
- Lives consistently with and in commitment to the qualifications of a church leader (1 Timothy 3:1-7and Titus 1:6-9)
- Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Is able to preach and teach doctrinally sound Biblical messages and communicate clearly
- Demonstrated faithfulness in personal, local, national, and global outreach/missions
- Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is a person of prayer, the study of the Bible, and is a model in life and leadership that demonstrates a love for God and His people
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of personal life
- Is in full agreement with the NYCBC's Statement of Faith, Bylaws, Missions and Values, and evidencing commitment to Baptist distinctives
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.) preferred or, a Bachelor's degree in Bible or a related ministry field
- An ordained minister baptized by immersion
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Deacon Daniel W. Lau, Chair, Senior Pastor Search Committee, at email@example.com