Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Suwanee, GA Post Date: October 10, 2017
Grace Point Community Church is in search of a pastor whom God has prepared for our church. One who understands and will prayerfully and faithfully carry out and encourage:
1. The church's Vision and Mission
2. Values and Work ethic
4. Most importantly, the Church's Heart
Our greatest desire as a church is to see God magnified and glorified through lives transformed by the power of the gospel. We believe in the good news that "the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all people!" We believe that this grace of God trains us and changes us "to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives" in the assurance of "the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:11-13). Our desire is that everyone will come to know and experience this amazing grace of God.The vision of Grace Point is to have every member intimately following Christ and obediently leading others to faith and maturity in Jesus Christ. This vision is embodied in the expression of our core values in the lives of every member and in its extension to our community. GPCC ministry philosophy focuses on evangelism and disciple-making.Our mission is to lead people into a growing love relationship with Jesus Christ, and together, learn to enjoy the God of our new life.We are committed to creating environments where people are: accepted as they are, loved for who they are, encouraged, and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, community with those within the body, and influence with those outside the faith.
Grace Point Community Church (GPCC) was officially planted in Suwanee, Georgia in 2012 through the leadership of our founding pastor. The church began as a Korean American English Speaking Ministry of New Life Baptist Church. As the church began to minister to the community, God led and graced the church to become a multiethnic and multicultural church, but is at current, predominantly Korean American. Its focus is on reaching the unengaged and unchurched, both locally and around the world. Grace Point Ministries and it's philosophy of ministry was founded in August of 2007, which was developed out of our pastor's heart to see healthy churches formed and functioning in the love of Christ to reach the world for Christ. His desire was to see the growth of churches that focused on kingdom growth not merely local church growth. The vision was to see churches committed to seeing the Great Commission fulfilled in every people group by having disciples intimately "Following Christ" and obediently "Leading Others" to faith and maturity in Christ Jesus until there was "no place left" where Christ had not yet been preached (Romans 15:20, 23). With New Life Baptist Church's blessing, GPCC had its final worship service at the New Life campus in July of 2016 and began congregating at Discovery Village.
• Minimum: Bachelors in an accredited Bible College
• Recommended: Masters of Divinity/Theology in an accredited Baptist Seminary, for example:
o Trinity Evangelical Seminaryo Gordon Conwello Dallas Theological Seminary
• Lead people into a growing love relationship with Jesus Christ and guide them to enjoy the God of our new life.
• Shepherd the church (John 21:15-17, 1 Peter 5:2)
o Feed the lambs
o Take care of the sheep
o Feed the sheep
• Provide spiritual leadership and discipleship
• Leads and exemplifies prayer life
• Preaching and teaching
• Leadership training
• Conduct bible studies
• Overseer of leadership team and ministries
• Conduct all pastoral responsibilities
• Lead, promote, and conduct House Church
Ephesians 4:12 – "Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do His work and build up the church, the body of Christ."
How to apply
Please email the following to email@example.com :
• Curriculum Vitae: Education, Qualifications, Ministry Experience, Expertise, Strengths and Weaknesses, Gifts and Personality
• School Transcripts
• Personal Testimony: Conversion and Call to Ministry
• Philosophy of Ministry and of Missions
• Four References and Contact Information:
- Pastor or Former Pastor
- A Family Member
- A Ministry Partner or Church Member
- Someone who has known you for more than 5 years.