Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Monroe, CT Post Date: November 17, 2017
Beacon Hill Evangelical Church of Monroe, CT Senior Pastor Profile
• Charactero Spiritual Health Loves God with all his heart Demonstrates reverence toward God in all aspects of life Loves God in a way that is displayed in his love for people Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit Walks with Christ in a humble authentic way that is worthy of imitation Exhibits the biblical qualities of an elder/shepherd Is a man of prayer Loves God's Word and lives under its authority Presents a testimony of God's continuing faithfulness in all circumstances Is in the process of making disciples Displays godly wisdom Has an accountability relationshipo Emotional Health Demonstrates a strong sense of identity in Christ, and is secure in their own identity Is aware of his strengths and weaknesses and appreciates the strengths of others Shows resilience in the face of change Maintains a sense of humoro Intellectual Health Loves God with all his mind Appreciates the role of the mind in the Christian faith Is grounded doctrinally in line with EFCAo Relational Health Has healthy family relationships Demonstrates honesty in all aspects of life Shows open willingness to share personal needs in appropriate situations Has strong relationships with colleagues and constituents Has a good reputation within the community Relationally oriented and easily approachable Demonstrates forgiveness and reconciliation Known to be a good listener Demonstrates compassion to those outside the church and to those in need
• Leadershipo Leads with dependence on the Holy Spirito Leads with intentionality (knows where he wants to go and can take others with him)o Understands what it means to be a servanto Has a proven ability to cast visiono Can align an organization and its constituencies around a central visiono Is a strategic thinkero Is a self-starter with a good work ethico Inspires, leads and mentors a younger generation of leaderso Has strong conflict resolution skillso Can build teams and empower and coach others to leado Is administratively and organizationally sound, knows when and how to delegate and when he needs helpo Understands fiduciary and stewardship responsibilities and can inspire others to understand the sameo Has a clarity of vision and calling to be Senior PastorProfessional Qualifications
• Key Commitmentso Is passionate about the gospel of Jesus Christ and believes the gospel is central to all we doo Believes that the local church is central to the plan of God in the worldo Is committed to the mission of multiplying ministryo Is determined that Beacon Hill embraces all people, and empowers men and women for leadership from all racial, ethnic and socio-economic groupso Empowers the next generation of leaderso Understands and is committed to the EFCA ethos, particularly Our central biblical convictions in which we allow differences on secondary matters Our congregational governance Our willingness to work with others of like evangelical faith, And our emphasis on valuing all peopleo Will work collaboratively with and under the authority of the Board of Elderso Is committed to the Beacon Hill Constitution and Bylaws; its mission, vision and values• Important Competencieso Can articulate a compelling vision of the gospelo Adopts and practices a missional paradigmo Can enthusiastically articulate a captivating vision of ministry for Beacon Hillo Has strong communication skills (oral, written, digital, social media)o Displays through his teaching and preaching a rich grasp of biblical and theological truth, and can present it effectively to all levels of spiritual maturityo Able to present practical applications of biblical truth o Able to speak the truth in love in instances where reproach/rebuke is requiredo Has a clear understanding of contemporary culture, including evangelical culture and the direction of the younger generationso Can address contemporary issues in society with biblical wisdom, compassion, discernment and discretiono Has an intercultural proficiency, appreciating and engaging people of different ethnic, racial, generational, gender, and socio-economic groupso Understands we live in a global world; has a solid appraisal of the worldwide impact of the international Christian community and the impact of the world on the sameo Has a high capacity, a focused discipline, and a well managed and balanced life
• Experienceo M.Div or equivalent experience and trainingo 5-10 years or more in pastoral ministry (experience as a senior pastor preferable)o Ordained by the EFCAo Has significant leadership in local church ministryo Leading an organization through transition
The role of the Pastor, working with the Elders, is to oversee the life, health, ministry, and direction of the church in becoming an effective disciple making congregation, transforming lives locally, regionally, and globally (Acts 1:8 and Matthew 28:19-20). The Pastor and Elders will have a firm grasp of the Biblical values, vision, and mission of the church, in order to align leaders and congregation in pursuit of God's great purpose for His church which is world evangelization. Together, Beacon Hill Church is committed to proclaiming the Gospel and to teaching all followers of Jesus to walk by faith and obey Him in all He commanded.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities while Working with the Elders:
1. To equip and multiply leaders to become effective in sharing the gospel and making disciples both in and through the church as well as in their sphere of influence.2. To develop an environment in the church, and create opportunities, for all others in the church family to discover and use their spiritual gifts and talents to help fulfill the Great commission.3. To teach and preach the Word of God in making disciples who know their spiritual gifts, and are deployed in the work of Christ.4. To oversee the Worship Services of the Church. 5. To shepherd the flock of God under the care of the Pastor and Elders and to encourage that each member of the church is firmly rooted in a small group fellowship where they can experience true Biblical fellowship, so that each participant can grow and mature in Christ.6. To oversee the administration of all ministries, teams, and boards of the church in carrying out all that the Lord has led the church to do to impact the community and to make disciples. 7. "He must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, uncontentious, free from the love of money. He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity, for if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God; and not a new convert, lest he become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil. And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he may not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil." (I Tim. 3:2-7 NASB; see also Titus 1:5-16).
Evaluation and Compensation:
1. The Pastor will communicate and interact weekly with Elders and Leaders as well as file a monthly report to the Elders on progress in meeting the goals and purpose of the Church.2. The Elders will conduct annually a performance evaluation and review of the Pastor, as well as a review of the compensation package.3. Sixty days' notice shall precede a severance of relations between the Pastor and church, unless waived by mutual consent.
How to apply
Please send resumes or inquiries to [email protected] by 12/15/2017
The church website is www.beaconhillchurch.org