Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Longwood, FL Post Date: December 05, 2017
Who we are:
Founded in 1976 by First Baptist Church Winter Park, First Baptist Sweetwater is a SouthernBaptist church celebrating 41 years of ministry in Central Florida. The South Campus buildings, constructed in 1978 house our student ministries, the fellowship hall, and kitchen. The North Campus facilities, constructed in 1998, are the worship center, adult class rooms, children's classrooms, library, and the church offices. Our church budget is $1.6 million and both campus buildings are debt free.
With an average attendance for Sunday morning worship at 350, and a 275 average attendance in Sunday School, our ministries include: Sunday school for all ages, one Sunday morning worship service, children's choir, AWANA, Youth Group, Prayer meeting, Bible studies for men and women, and an adult choir. Sweetwater Christian Preschool also uses our facilities Monday through Friday. As an outreach to the community, we are blessed with a Hispanic Church that also worships on the campus on Sunday afternoons.
As a missions minded church, First Baptist Sweetwater has sent teams on mission for projects both in the US and internationally. We've also seen some of our members called into full-time Christian service.
Our current staff consists of an executive pastor, a worship pastor, a youth pastor, a minister to children, and office support staff.
Where we are:3800 Wekiva Springs RdLongwood, Florida 32779
First Baptist Sweetwater is on the border of Seminole and Orange Counties in Central Florida and adjacent to Wekiva Springs State Park, a 7,000 acre area of natural beauty for hiking, swimming/snorkeling, canoeing, and camping. Our area is known as Sweetwater-Wekiva. There are three elementary schools in close proximity, as well as many residential housing additions, and a golf course-country club nearby. Longwood is a city just north of Orlando covering both east and west sides of I-4. It has a population of 56,457 and an average household income of $66,120. Great schools, the ease of commuting to Orlando, the real estate options, and its natural resources has made this area a prime location of both businesses and residents.
In 2014 the city received recognition as 1 of the 4 safest places to raise a family in Florida. Most recently, Neighborhood Scout ranked Longwood as 2nd best city in the state of Florida for families with children.
Who we're looking for in a senior pastor:
- A man with a loving relationship with God, demonstrated through a solid prayer life and Bible study habits
- A preacher of sermons that encourage us in the grace and knowledge of the Lord, that have a relevance to life, and that equip the church to reach our goals of impacting our community with the Gospel of Christ
- We desire a mature, experienced Pastor who has successful ministry experience, with relational skills and a minimum education of a Masters of Divinity Degree
- We are seeking a wise shepherd of the flock who can direct us to depend upon the leadership of the Holy Spirit as we become equipped for a greater prayer life
- A Pastor who will provide spiritual leadership to the Leadership Team and other ministry leaders as we work together to make First Baptist Sweetwater a healthy inviting place for people to worship
- A Pastor who spends time building personal relationships with members of the church so that he can be relatable to all ages
- A Pastor who provides pastoral care and develops lay leadership to minister to those who are in crises and to the older members of the congregation
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]