Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Glendora, CA Post Date: July 11, 2017
Foothill Church exists to glorify God by leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, rooted in the gospel. This is our mission, and it is carried out through various ministries requiring people with different gifts and abilities. As we continue to grow, we will need qualified people who want to work in a growing, vibrant, and fast-paced church that seeks to engage the culture with vibrant, gospel centered ministries.
The Student Ministries Department oversees all ministry related to students from 6th to 12th grades. We believe that God wants parents to be the primary disciplers of their students and that it is our job as the church to come alongside and help them in that role. This position will help equip parents to disciple their students and champion Family Discipleship in the church. The Student Minister will also serve the Growth Group ministry by finding, equipping and shepherding our Student Ministries Growth Group leaders. The Student Minister will also serve the Church body by assisting the church staff in other areas during the week and weekend services. The Student Minister reports directly to the Pastor of Spiritual Formation, and is amenable to the Lead Pastor.
· Fulfill the duties required of Foothill Church Covenant Partners as outlined in the PartnershipCovenant.
· Fulfill the character requirements of an elder as taught in Scripture.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Minimum 3 years experience in pastoral leadership in a growing church.
· Ability to anticipate, enjoy, and thrive in rapidly changing environment.
· Affirmation and wholehearted agreement with the Foothill Church Statement of Faith.
GIFTS AND ABILITIES:
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Trustworthy, discrete, and diplomatic
· Self-starter and disciplined to work in an unsupervised environment
· Adaptable to changes in roles and responsibilities
· Sense of humor, creative, and personable
· Humble and teachable
· Demonstrated gifts in preaching and teaching
· Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and lead volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & DEMANDS:
· Thorough understanding of Foothill Church's DNA, theological principles, and agreement with the mission of Foothill Church.
· Thorough understanding of the role each department plays in fulfilling the mission of Foothill Church.
· Thorough understanding of the role Growth Groups play in the discipleship process of the church.
· Perform duties with minimum supervision.
· Strong oral and written communication.
· Possess and maintain a valid California driver's license.
· Understand verbal and written instructions.
· Manage time efficiently.
· Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
· Work cooperatively with others.
· Follow directions.
· Delegate tasks to volunteers.
· Agree with the purpose and goals of Foothill Church.
· Lift 25 pounds.
· Sit in front of a computer for periods of time.
· View a computer screen for periods of time.
· Work well with others in an environment where office spaces are open.
· Fast-paced environment.
· Indoor and in outdoor weather conditions.
· Knowledge of Mac computers.
· Proficient with Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
· Learn how to use Church Community Builder.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Meet with and shepherd our Student Ministries Growth Group hosts and leaders.
· Oversee the process to recruit, train, equip, and disciple volunteers for new Growth Groups and other areas of service in Student Ministries.
· Develop curriculum and strategies that will equip Student Ministries Growth Group leaders to help students grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ in the context of Christian community.
· Develop and implement student outreach events including, but not limited to, missionstrips, discipleship courses, summer camp(s), and midweek events.
· Develop healthy rapport and communication with both students and their parents.
· Create resources to encourage and equip parents.
· Shepherd and provide pastoral care/counseling to students and parents.
· Interfacewith Foothill Christian School by providing increasing leadership for chapel programs, helping lead worship, scheduling speakers, speaking regularly in chapel and regularly interacting with FCS Junior High students.
· Oversee Student Ministries budget.
· Perform special projects as determined by the Lead Pastor.
· Work to achieve annual goals set by the Lead Pastor.
· "I can do that." We will do whatever it takes to advance the mission of Foothill Church. Nothing isbeneath us. Our loyalty is the mission of Foothill Church, not a job description.
· "Make it better." We are committed to a culture of improvement. We will never arrive. There's alwayssomething we can do better, and we will constantly look for those minor tweaks and major improvements.
· "Family is my first ministry." Ministry begins at home. Strong families are the bedrock of churchleadership and a healthy church. We won't sacrifice our families on the altar of ministry, and we won't use our families as an excuse for procrastination, laziness, or failing to advance our mission.
· "Make it happen." We will take all the time necessary to make a good decision…and no more. We will err on the side of forward movement, and when a decision is made we will make it happen. We value doing over dreaming.
· "Work should be fun." We take God seriously, but not ourselves. We laugh at work and often laugh at ourselves. We will create space and seize opportunities to have fun as a staff.
· "Keep it simple." We will fight the urge to create more complexity. We will say "No" unless we're presented with a golden opportunity or notice a fatal flaw.
How to apply
Please apply for the Student Minister position at Foothill Church by following this link: https://foothill.church/jobs
And please send an email and cover letter to email@example.com