Student Ministries Pastor
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI Post Date: May 17, 2017
We are looking for a high caliber Minister to Students to help lead our church through the next stage of church growth. An experienced professional with skills and personality which reflect a life dedicated to inspiring and discipling teens will get to live in a place many only dream of calling home. Our Minister to Students will have the opportunity to impact students across 4 high schools and launch the only college-age ministry in the region. We are seeking a self-starter with vision and "fire in the gut". If this sounds like you so far, keep reading.
- 3 years staff experience with a church congregation of around 300 people or more
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
The strong full-time candidate will have:
- A proven track-record of leading a ministry team in a local church with a dynamic Youth or Student ministry including camps, retreats, athletics and mission work
- A family who is eager to get involved in the life of a dynamic church as they make this community their home
- A confident-yet-humble demeanor that inspires people while empowering them to serve from their gifting and make an impact in the lives of students
- Continuing growth in his leadership abilities as demonstrated by ongoing involvement with conferences, seminars, reading and mentoring
- Creative, technological, publicity, and communication skills that support the growing needs of the church.
- Experience in developing connections with local schools and civic organizations such as Boy and Girls Club, FCA, Salvation Army or boosters.
• Starting salary of $50,000 that may be adjusted to reflect experience and education
• Vacation commensurate with vocational experience beginning at 2 weeks per year, not to exceed 4 weeks per year
Sturgeon Bay Community Church is a non-denominational church that started 20 years ago, with two Lead Pastors over those years. Our approximate 300 regular attenders represent every age, economic, vocational, political, and educational dynamic our community offers. Our church size is growing rapidly and has presented the opportunity to hire a top-notch Student Ministries Pastor to lead with us as we grow. We have newly updated facilities and land we plan expand on in the next couple of years. We enjoy an especially strong volunteer dynamic and a particularly high level of trust in leadership which has been earned over our church's history. Elder governed and staff led, this church is a genuine joy to work for. Our strategic path is to serve our entire county as the equipping and training church for our like-minded sister churches. It is our hope to empower you as a minister to take that vision as far as your talents and passion can take you.
Sturgeon Bay Community Church is aligned with The Gospel Coalition, is theologically conservative and reformed, believe ministry only happens in relationships that invites everyone to "come as you are; we'll grow together." We do discipleship through Children's Ministry, Youth Groups and Community/Small Groups, with a strategic path to adopt the DiscipleShift model in groups over the next 18 months. Our Missions Team oversees missionary partnerships in The Democratic Republic of Congo, Swaziland and the Himalayas. Stateside, we partner with City on a Hill in Milwaukee and Loaves & Fishes here in Sturgeon Bay
Sturgeon Bay is in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin, a premier vacation destination in the Mid-West. Our city of 10,000 and county population of 35,000 is experiencing economic and population growth as manufacturing, restaurants, vacation, and retail businesses are on the rise. Our excellent school systems, acclaimed parks and community safety are drawing factors for many young families who relocate here annually. The natural beauty here is beyond words; we enjoy 4 distinct seasons every year. It seldom gets above 90 in the summer when tourism significantly increases the population and all enjoy the local cherries, additional seasonal entertainment, and festivals. The festivals continue into the fall, which brings a bountiful harvest of apples and a gorgeous tapestry of changing leaves. The 5 month winters are ripe with opportunity, especially for the outdoor enthusiast. Winter sports are also a major draw to Door County, featuring extensive ice fishing, ice-skating and hundreds of miles of managed trails for snow skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoe hiking.
We are a vibrant resort destination city with miles of waterfront to explore. Outstanding parks and land trusts are located throughout the peninsula making Door County just the place for the family who loves hiking, biking and camping in the great outdoors. Hunters dream of living here too! Large deer, geese, squirrel and turkey populations make it a hunter's destination, drawing people from across the state. https://www.doorcounty.com/
How to apply
Please send cover letter, resume and link to your church/ministry webpage with video to firstname.lastname@example.org