Student Ministries Pastor
Job type: Full-time
Category: High School/College Ministry
Location: Monterey, CA Post Date: June 11, 2017
Shoreline Community Church exists to help as many people as possible become totally committed to Jesus Christ. Located on the central coast, Monterey Peninsula provides a community of unique cultures and demographics. After 20 years, Shoreline continues to grow and welcomes an average of 1800 attendees on Sundays.
Consistent with the Shoreline mission statement, the heart of our church is to grow and develop students with love and the gospel message. To that end, Shoreline is seeking a full-time youth pastor to develop and lead a volunteer-based program that includes both discipleship and outreach. Qualified candidates should have experience designing and implementing an effective youth program. All applicants must affirm the Shoreline Statement of Faith and Theological Distinctives. If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please contact me at email@example.com.
Student Ministries PastorPrimary Description:The Student Ministries Pastor will lead Middle School & High School students and their parents through the 7 markers of Spiritual Growth, and will be the outreach champion for students in the greater Monterey area. Status: Full TimeLines of Accountability: Executive Pastor Ministry Responsibilities:
- Lead Student Ministries
- Recruit, develop, encourage, and lead a team of volunteers who minister to Shoreline middle school and high school students.
- Manage middle school and high school budget.
- Work in concert with both Children's Ministry and Young Adult leaders to facilitate age related transitions to appropriate ministries.
- Campus & community presence to reach out to students and their families.
- Build deep connections and community through small groups or other ministry strategy
- Build a dynamic volunteer team
- Recruit adult and student volunteers and provide them with direction and support
- Providing pastoral care to students, volunteers and their families.
- Coach, train and meeting regularly with volunteers.
- In conjunction with the Worship Arts Development Director develop student led bands.
- Lead Student Ministries in discipleship to achieve the 7 markers of spiritual growth:
- Growth in Character (Fruit of the spirit)
- Growth in Community
- Growth in Humble Service
- Growth in Knowing & Applying God's Word
- Growth in Generosity
- Growth in Outreach
- Growth in Prayer & Worship
- Communicate well and build relationships
- Primary Communicator in High School & Middle School
- Minister to Parents, Students, & Volunteer Staff
- General Pastoral Duties
- Champions the ideas and values of SCC.
- Baptism, hospital visitation, funerals, and other responsibilities as directed.
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so serve God acceptably with reverence and awe!
How to apply
Fill out an application or email