Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Delta, CO Post Date: May 17, 2017
- We desire a highly relational, passionate younger person to relate and engage our youth weekly, discipling and investing into their lives.
- We desire that person also have some musical skills, being able to lead worship with the youth and the church on Sunday morning. This person must have the character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, growing in them but not perfect. Must be willing to work with elders oversight and with parents.
- Direct supervision comes from lead pastor
- College education desired, but calling, passion, and maturity more important.
- Needs to be at least 22 years of age and successfully pass Background Check.
- Must adhere doctrinally to Baptist Faith & Message (BF&M 2000) and church's Constitution and Bylaws.
- Relationships are what matters most to us.
- Develop relationships with students and their families through presence at school and community activities involving youth (e.g., sports events, dance recitals, dramas, etc.).
- Regularly lead worship, discipleship, and fellowship of students weekly.
- Facilitate regular outings for fun/fellowship/outreach among students.
- Report and coordinate student program planning and calendar with Parental Advisory Team and other church leaders.
- Develop and manage the youth ministry budget and fund raisers, including student fees/log of payments, monies made and allocated to each student for their work, etc.
- Provide spiritual counsel and guidance to youth.
- Communicate regularly with students, parents, pastor, as well as with church leaders.
- Has a regular quiet time/devotional life for purpose of passionately pursuing God.
- May seek another part-time job for provision of necessary additional income.
- Work well with others, namely lead pastor, elders, parents, interns, and other musicians. Needs to love the church. Needs to see church as a family, not a job.
- Need to work well with other youth ministers and Young Life director in area.
- Desire to work and appreciate the unique blessings of rural church and community life.
- Understands exalting Jesus and the Word of God as primary in worship. Prayerfully choose and coordinate music with pastor as he leads church family in worship.
- Regularly lead Sunday morning worship (half time – shared with one elder and other church members).
- Must sing and be comfortable leading church in worship in praise and song. Ability
- to play an instrument desired but not necessary. Need to be comfortable with
- both contemporary worship and traditional Christian hymns (blended style).
- Coordinate and practice with worship teams. We use praise participants from all age groups and a large cross section of our church family. We have drummers (2x), guitar players (bass, acoustic, electric), keyboard players, and multiple singers.
- Learn music/worship technology as necessary (e.g., Media Shout, sound system).
- Perform other ministries duties as assigned.
How to apply
Contact Info: For those wishing further information and inquiry please contact Pastor Greg Teel at (719) 287-3633 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries are welcome and will be well received. Send resumes and cover letters to Pastor Greg Teel, Calvary Baptist Church, 1290 A Street, Delta, CO 81416.