Job type: Full-time
Category: Senior/Lead Pastor
Location: Sherwood, AR Post Date: June 15, 2017
Fulfill God's purposes and vision for Cornerstone Bible Fellowship and effectively communicate our purposes and vision to the congregation. Lead the preaching/teaching ministry to ensure that a biblicallybased message with application is delivered each week, with emphasis on expository preaching.
- Demonstrates a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced in daily life and exhibits the character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and1 Peter 53w-2:1-4
- Gives evidence of shepherding and caring for his own family.
- Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church.
- Is an excellent communicator as a preacher-teacher.
- Reflects the heart of a spiritual and servant leader.
- Has experience in the supervision of staff and shepherding of a church.
- Exhibits personal qualities marked by integrity and unquestionable honesty.
- Earnestly seeks God's will above all other possible motivations.
- Exhibits emotional health and maturity, is willing to acknowledge limitations and depends upon God each day for His grace.
- Is knowledgeable and supportive of our elder-lead governance model.
- Possesses an irenic spirit of cooperation and fellowship within the church body.
- Demonstrates a passionate, heartfelt love for people who need Jesus and a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Exhibits Christ's love by developing positive and encouraging relationships within the church body.
- Is called to pastoral ministry with spiritual gifts of teaching/preaching and leadership.
Education and Experience
- Master of Divinity degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in pastoral ministry, preaching-teaching, leadership and supervision of staff.
- Become a member who is committed to the vision, mission, values, doctrinal statement, and ministry of Cornerstone Bible Fellowship.
- Provide strong recommendations and references.
- Possess a personal background that reflects strong moral and ethical character.
- Seek to discern God's message and spend considerable time and study to develop and deliver that message.
- Effectively communicate God's Word primarily through an expository style with clear application.
- Teach and facilitate Bible studies for fulfilling the mission of edifying the believers of CornerstoneBible Fellowship.
- Join the Elders in seeking God's direction in order to develop His vision for Cornerstone Bible Fellowship, and fulfill that vision in a way that maximizes available gifts and resources.
- Work with the Elders to accomplish a vision for the church with respect for and in cooperation with lay leaders and ministry teams.
- Assist in the development of a budget for the Elder Board that reflects the annual goals of the church.
- Lead, manage and oversee all Church Staff and key volunteer staff for effective ministry.
- Continually evaluate effectiveness of programs and propose creative ideas for improvement.
- Provide ongoing discipleship, mentoring and spiritual oversight of Church Staff.
- Develop working relationships with staff, the Elder Board, lay leaders and volunteers.
- Oversee the development and training of gifted leaders for ministry.
- Challenge and inspire the congregation to be transformed personally and corporately by the Holy Spirit.
- Building on an established foundation of worship, foreign missions, and family ministries, seek to guide our congregation into developing deeper relationships and becoming servant leaders who reach out to our community and the world for Christ.
- Show evidence of love for people in the community and congregation and the challenges they face in their lives.
- Must demonstrate hospitality and provide biblical counsel, while caring or those who do not know Christ.
- Provide counseling/mentoring services as needed. Oversee special services and events such as weddings, funerals, prayer meetings, baptisms, communion, child dedications, and ministry ordinations.
- Reports to the Elders for accountability, support, and communication of ministry progress andobjectives.
- Oversees the training and supervision of all Church Staff.
- Meets with Church Staff to provide encouragement, direction, and oversight.
How to apply
Applications are being accepted now. Please send resume to Shelly.Richards@cbf.us or call 501-835-0860.