Technical Support Technician
Job type: Full-time
Location: Mount Pleasant, SC Post Date: July 18, 2017
East Cooper Baptist (ECBC) is seeking a full-time technical support technician to assist in providing technology organization, maintenance, and support across all ministry areas and departments.
Applicants must complete the online employment application, be in agreement with the ECBC/PCA Statement of Beliefs and Lifestyle statements. If you are interested, please complete the online application and attach any relevant information.
This position reports to the Technology Director.
Work together with the Technology Director and Assistant Technology Director to support the technology requirements of all organization entities. Assist employees, leadership, pastors, and ministry associatesin implementation of technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone
- and other electronic media and on-site.
- Configuration of client's equipment to connect to the network.
- Configure software to connect to internet application servers.
- Provide instruction to end-users in the use of systems and applications.
- Understanding of operating systems (e.g. Windows 7/Windows 10) and application operations related to company offered services.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot computer systems
- Computer imaging.
- Maintain inventory and accurate record-keeping.
- Ability to diagnosing and repair hardware/software problems (viruses, crash screens, etc.)
- Perform light lifting 25 lbs.
Key Performance Indicators
- Technology implementation - creation, timing and accuracy.
- Troubleshooting - timing and accuracy.
- Clerical functions - timing and accuracy.
- Training development - timing and accuracy.
- Project management - timing and accuracy.
- Assigned tasks - timing and accuracy.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A passionate love for the Lord and a desire to serve in support
- One year certificate from college or technical school or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess technical expertise in working with computer networks, hardware and software systems.
- Ability to influence and instruct diverse groups of people - volunteers, employees, leadership, and ministry associates.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule when technology needs require.
- Demonstrate ability regarding discretion and professionalism.
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven success with team work and consensus building.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, outside contractors, and other sufficient to exchange or convey information.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please complete and submit an online application to our Human Resource department at East Cooper Baptist Church. Thank you!