Vice President for Academic Affairs
Job type: Full-time
Location: Pasadena, CA Post Date: October 18, 2017
The mission of Providence Christian College as a Reformed Christian Institution is to equip students to be firmly grounded in biblical truth, thoroughly educated in the liberal arts, and fully engaged in their church, their community, and the world for the glory of God and for service to humanity. Thus, the college seeks first and foremost to create a culture of learning where the Bible and the Reformed confessions that summarize its teachings provide the essential principles that direct its educational philosophy.
Providence Christian College seeks an experienced academic leader for the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). The VPAA reports directly to the President and is a member of the senior staff. He/she serves as the Chief Academic Officer and is responsible for comprehensive academic programs through responsibilities that include leadership of others, planning, policy implementation and budget development/management.
Qualified candidates committed to a Reformed, perspective on education and culture are encouraged to review the job description and follow the full-time application below. Priority application deadline is November 15, 2017.
Posting Date: Oct 20, 2017
Desired Hire Date: July 1, 2018
Priority Application Deadline: Nov 15, 2017
Posting Close Date: Position open until filled
Search Committee Contact: Brad Burke, Committee Chair
Contact Email: [email protected]
Human Resources: [email protected]
Position Title Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA)
The Vice President of Academic Affairs reports directly to the College President and is a member of senior staff. He/she serves as the Chief Academic Officer and is responsiblefor comprehensive academic programs through responsibilities that includeleadership of others, planning, policy implementation, and budgetdevelopment/management.
1. A doctoral degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
2. At least 2 years of successful postsecondary administrative/supervisory experience that shows progressive leadership experience.
3. At least 2 years of successful postsecondary teaching experience.
4. Evidence of spiritual maturity, membership in good standing at and participation in a church that is Reformed in its theology and practice, and demonstration of service in the body of Christ.
5. Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic,cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of college students.
1. Serves as the chief instructional officer; plans, organizes, administers and supervises: curriculum evaluation and development, academic support services, library services, institutional review, and registrar.
2. Serves as a member of the college president's senior administrative staff.
3. Supervises the recruitment, orientation and evaluation of both full-time and part-time faculty.
4. Assists with the development of new educational programs and supervises all instructional activities while maintaining adherence to the Education Code, state and federal regulations, accreditation standards and Board policy.
5. Promotes participatory governance in cooperation with faculty, staff, students, and administration.
6. Provides leadership and vision to strengthen and implement a variety of new and existing academic and transfer programs.
7. Collaborates with Student Affairs to promote student success and retention processes and programming.
8. Serves as the college's Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO).
9. Provides leadership and oversight of program review, program viability, student success initiatives, student learning outcomes, institutional effectiveness and the accreditation process.
10. Supervises the publication of college schedule of classes, catalog, and academic information on thecollege website.
11. Works with other departments to develop and implement an enrollment management plan, including enrollment planning and analysis.
12. Serves as the leader of the faculty senate to engage academic leaders in the faculty governance process.
13. Coordinates academic college development including long-range planning, funding, and liaison with federal, state and private agencies.
14. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
1. A minimum of three years of successful full-time faculty experience at the postsecondary level in at least one of the areas of this assignment;
2. A minimum of three years of successful full-time postsecondary experience as an administrator (dean level or above) in at least one of the areas of this assignment;
3. Training and/or experience in accreditation processes, curriculum development, staff development, instructional technology, and shared governance;
4. Evidence of the ability to work productively and effectively with others within a participatory governance environment;
5. Evidence of the ability to exercise group leadership skills that emphasize collaboration, consensusbuilding, conflict resolution, and problem solving;
6. Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
7. Evidence of visionary spiritual leadership.
Benefits Salary is commensurate with experience and education. A generous benefits package is included.
A selection committee will screen the applications for minimum and desired qualifications. Candidates that best meet the criteria will be invited for a phone and in-person interview. The selection committee will forward the names of the finalists to the College President. The College President will interview the finalists and make a recommendation to the board for approval and selection.
How to apply
Please go to http://www.providencecc.edu/academics/employment/f... to find the application materials and position description expectations.
Required documents include:
1. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications for the position. The letter should be no more than three (3) pages in length.
2. A current resume/CV that describes the applicant's educational background and professional experience (including specific responsibilities for each current and former position held).
3. A list of a minimum of four professional references including names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of individuals who can attest to the applicant's qualifications for the position.
4. A written response to additional questions in the application.
5. Unofficial copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended. Official transcripts will be required if selected as the finalist for the position.
All degrees must be granted by a regionally accredited college or university. Transcripts from foreign institutions must be submitted with an approved evaluation of equivalency from a foreign evaluation service approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTE).
Incomplete applications will not be considered for this position. Electronic delivery is preferred. Applications must be submitted to:
By Mail to:
VPAA Search Committee
Providence Christian College
1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
By Email to: [email protected]
Questions to: Brad Burke, Chair, VPAA Search Committee, [email protected]
All materials submitted will become the property of Providence Christian College.
Providence Christian College endeavors to diversify its faculty and administration within the framework of its mission. The institution does not unlawfully discriminate against anyone based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, military service status, physical or mental disability, and/or medicalcondition, consistent with federal and state requirements for nondiscrimination in employment.