Visual Arts Director
Job type: Full-time
Location: Pleasanton, CA Post Date: October 20, 2017
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The role of the Visual Arts Director is to support VCC's mission and vision by helping cultivate a welcoming, engaging, accessible, beautiful, and inviting environment on VCC's campus and throughout all levels of VCC's print and digital presence.
DescriptionPRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES. Include overseeing & participating in the following:
Design and deliver graphics and print media that welcome and engage the church and city:
- Responsible for the graphic quality of all printed, electronic and digital communications for all VCC ministries including but not limited to, sermon series graphics, sermon & teaching presentations, books, postcards, banners, etc.
- Developing sermon series design packages which include: series design, bumper video outline and concept, stage design plan, and other supporting multi-media elements.
- Production of VCC printed materials (bulletins, The Weekly, books, postcards, etc.).
- Creation of templates and guidelines for various ministries to create their own supporting graphics as needed.
- Developing the design, content creation, and managing the updates for the main VCC website and supported ministries websites.
- Manage social media strategy, planning and implementation.
- Crafting sanctuary/foyer design plans to integrate with and augment sermon series/season
- Work with Technical Director and Worship Pastor for design and implementation
- Work with deacons and volunteers on implementation.
- Review design and implementation plans with Facilities manager.
- Developing digital media and marketing strategies
- Creating copy and content to support marketing strategies.
- Creating a variety of accessible marketing tools for the VCC lead team and ministry leads including but not limited to, social media graphics, advertising plans, & email campaigns.
- Establishing and maintaining quality standards for branding and all church communication including weekly bulletin, church-wide emails, Sunday slides, etc.
Provide project management for major events and projects
- Scheduling and managing for major projects including teaching series, books, websites, and special services.
Cultivate, lead, and manage a team of communications ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, artists, etc.).
How to apply
All applicants should submit applications to [email protected]
Candidates must provide portfolio of past work with specific details about their contributions.