Worship and Creative Arts Director
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO Post Date: July 18, 2017
Mountainview is a modern, non-denominational church (Christian Church/Churches of Christ) located in Highlands Ranch, CO, a suburb of Denver. 2017 is our 25th anniversary as a church.
In February we finished a $1.5 million dollar remodel of our facility that included an extended stage, new sound system, and upgraded in-ear monitors. This remodel was 100% paid for through a short-term capital campaign in 2016.
Our current worship pastor has decided to return to Sierra Leone (west Africa) as a full-time missionary. It is his home country and he has felt an increasing call to serve the church there. That transition will be happening November 1 of this year. Mountainview will serve as his sending church.
Our preferred musical style ranges from Bethel Music – Elevation Worship – All Sons and Daughters – Hillsong – to indie artists like Ghost Ship. A typical instrumental setup would be acoustic, electric, and bass guitars, keyboards, and drums – with other instruments used on occasion. A variety of singers are typically used each weekend. We have produced our own original video vignettes, dramas, spoken word pieces, and artwork to complement our weekend experience. On occasion, we use secular songs that help advance the theme of an individual service.
In our creative planning process, we are incorporating the North Point template of engage > involve > challenge to organize our weekend services. We would expect the next Worship and Creative Arts Director to develop and expand this approach even further.
This position exists to support the church's mission of glorifying God, growing people in Christ, and sending them into the world to make a Kingdom difference. This person will also support our vision of planting new churches and campuses. This will be accomplished by developing meaningful and creative ways for people to experience God through worship and the arts. This position will report to the Director of Ministries and have a close working relationship with the Senior Pastor.
- Ensuring a quality weekend experience that encourages attenders to return with a friend.
- Overseeing all weekend programming to include music, creative elements, sound, video, and staging.
- Leading our weekly creative team meetings.
- Developing a worship and arts community within the church by expanding volunteer teams.
- Developing special events and programming to showcase our creative elements.
- Being responsible for incorporating Mountainview's mission, vision, and values into our worship and creative arts department.
COACH: As a coach, we would expect this person to develop leaders and teams by mentoring, training, and resourcing them.
- Meet regularly with volunteers for the purpose of developing them as leaders.
- Develop a leadership structure that encourages leadership duplication across all creative areas (music, video, tech, etc.).
- Develop a worship training program that moves people from beginner to advanced.
- Serve as pastor and shepherd to the worship and creative arts department.
- As time allows, mentor students in their ability to be on the main stage.
CATALYST: As a catalyst, we would expect this person to be stimulating new creative ways for the Mountainview family to engage God.
- Able to be highly engaging as a worship leader
- Champion the worship and creative arts ministry on weekends and in staff interactions.
- Serve as Mountainview's creative representative to the local community.
- Provide direction to volunteer leaders as they develop events and programming.
GUIDE: As a guide, we would expect this person to develop a ministry plan and key performance measures to ensure we are meeting our objectives.
- Stay current with worship music and styles, ministry trends, and worship-related software.
- Network with colleagues in local churches.
- Develop a worship and creative arts strategy for a multisite environment.
ADMINISTRATOR: As an administrator, we would expect this person to manage volunteer teams as well as current and future staff positions, interns, etc.
- Manage current staff and volunteers, including weekend scheduling.
- Responsible for ensuring that ProPresenter slides are entered and ready to go.
- Develop and manage a worship and creative arts budget.
- Ensure that proper planning and allocation of creative resources is occurring.
KEY SKILLS and EXPERIENCES
The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading people into the presence of God. This passion will be fueled by a personal devotion to growing in Christ and a desire to reach lost people. This person must be a leader of leaders. They will have a proven track record of multiplying themselves through the training and coaching of others. Musically, they should be highly proficient on at least one instrument, preferably guitar. As a staff leader, they will share our vision of starting new churches and campuses. Ideally, they will have experience in a church of comparable size or larger.
Key skills include:
- The ability to effectively train others to lead worship.
- The ability to relate well to a wide variety of people.
- The ability to translate creative ideas into action.
- The ability to "think outside of the box."
- The ability to recruit and train volunteers.
- The ability to manage a budget.
How to apply
To apply, please use this link. (http://www.mountainviewfamily.org/jobs/apply/11571)