Worship and Discipleship Pastor
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Sioux Falls, SD Post Date: November 14, 2017
Arise Church is located in one of the fastest growing cities in the country. It was recently voted as one of the top 5 cities to raise a family, number 1 for business owners, and the fourth fastest growing economy in our nation. Arise is positioned to be used by God is this growing city to spread a passion for the glory of His name.
The vision of Arise Church is to be a place where people can encounter the risen Christ as they grow as His disciple, living with a profound sense of mission, purpose, and hope. Our heart is to be a community where people can belong before they believe. Our passion is for every follower of Christ to embrace their calling as a disciple who makes a disciples.
Job Description: This is a unique hybrid position offering an amazing opportunity for someone who is passionate and hungry to spread the gospel of Christ. The primary responsibilities of this role are to lead the Sunday morning worship experience and to oversee the discipleship process and disciple-making teams at Arise Church.
Worship: We believe that worship is not limited to the songs which are sung before or after the message. Worship is a posture of the heart which leads to a transformed way of living.
Discipleship: Our main discipling environments at Arise are our Life Groups and Kairos Groups. These are the primary places where people connect in relationship, grow in Christ, serve others, and embrace the gospel through multiplication.
- A Spirit-led follower of Jesus, devoted to prayer and the Word
- A disciple who makes intentional disciples
- A "people" person who works well with staff and volunteers of varying personality types
- Familiar and in alignment with the Missional Community model of discipleship
- Ability to write discipleship curriculum which aligns with message series
- A passion for leading others in worship and developing leaders to do the same
- Proven excellence in developing leaders in the areas of worship and disciple-making
- Commitment to creativity in worship - we embrace failure, as long as we fail forward and we're creative in doing it!
- Demonstrated ability to develop spiritual leadership, to train/equip volunteers, to build teams, and to multiply and mobilize individuals in ministry. Skilled in administrating a multi-faceted ministry.
- Fully comfortable with all aspects of cutting edge technology related to worship and communication (sound, lighting, video, etc.)
- Commitment to simplicity, intentionality, and excellence - we're not interested in doing "more" for the sake of filling a calendar, but rather maximize our efforts by focusing on a few things at once
- Aligns with the doctrinal/theological beliefs of Arise Church and the RCA (Reformed Church of America)
It would be great if the candidate for this position was:
- Familiar with leading in the style of The Austin Stone, Bethel, Elevation, Hillsong United, All Sons & Daughters, Corey Voss, etc.
- Proficient with Pro-Presenter
- Strong in audio and video editing - and can equip others to be the same
- Familiar with the Saturate (Jeff Vanderstelt) Missional Community model of discipleship
How to apply
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in this opportunity at Arise, philosophy/theology of worship leading and discipleship, along with an updated resume with current photo to [email protected] Also, please attach a sample (video/audio) of you leading in worship.
We look forward to speaking with you!