About this role
We are a contemporary, evangelical, multi-generational church in the seaport city of Newburyport, MA. Our worship attendance averages 500 people between two services on a Sunday. We are looking for a creative leader to lead our worship arts ministry, as well as lead our ministry to young adults.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership for our worship arts ministries here at Hope. As with other department levelstaff positions, this is primarily an equipping role (Ephesians 4:11-13). Responsibilities include:
1. Vision for Worship Arts: Work closely with the Lead Pastor andvarious team leaders to develop and carry out the overall vision for worshiparts at Hope, enabling us to accomplish our church's mission of making disciplesto reach the world.
2. Band Leadership: Select music each week for the band(s) inconjunction with service theme and consultation with Lead Pastor and othersinvolved. Prepare for and conduct weekly practices. Train and mentor allband and vocal team members.
3. Media Team Leadership: Supervise the media team includingrecruiting, training, and coaching of sound and video personnel. Develop various videos and stills (volunteers can help) as needed.
4. Recruiting: Be constantly looking out and praying for God to provide gifted songleaders, vocalists, and instrumentalists, as well as soundboard/video people and other creative communication needs.
5. Sunday Morning Coordination: Provide coordination for the worship serviceflow on Sunday mornings , working with various participants to ensure detailsare covered. This may involve troubleshooting.
6. Planning and Meetings: Meet weekly with planning team to debriefthe previous weeks worship and develop programming flow for several weeks/months ahead. Manage annual budget as well as setup of sanctuary space.
7. Worship Arts Outreaches: Look for various ways to employ Hope peopleand outside groups in special outreaches using music, theater, video and dramato the local Newburyport area.
8. Young Adult Ministry: Lead our ministry team to Young Adults (TheVine) which includes small group gatherings, events, service trips, etc. Identify 20-somethings at Hope and seek to include them in the life ofthe church.
9. Other Pastoral Duties: This position also includes the possibilityof being ordained if so desired. Opportunities could come up for preaching, pastoral counseling, leading weddings and funerals, etc.
How to apply
For a complete job description, which includes necessary qualifications, please email: [email protected]
To apply for this position, please submit resume, a cover letter, and a link to a video of you playing and singing to [email protected] It canbe simple iphone video at home, but we will not review a resume without avideo.Back to results