Worship Arts Pastor
Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Sturgeon Bay, WI Post Date: October 08, 2017
Unique opportunity for worship leader to lead people into significant encounter with God
If you are seeking to serve a vibrant, growing church and leading worship in a manner that honors God and inspires people, Sturgeon Bay Community Church may be the place for you.
We are seeking an experienced worship arts pastor to join our energetic and growing staff. We desire a leader who will design, build and lead a team that brings God-centered worship, consistent with our congregation's culture, in each weekend service. The worship arts pastor who is selected will have demonstrated ability to lead people into a significant encounter with God each week. This pastor will be a highly relational team builder and leader with experience, initiative, gifts and a "pastor's heart" resulting in enhanced love for God and people.
Who is Sturgeon Bay Community Church?
Sturgeon Bay Community Church is a non-denominational church located in the heart of the beautiful peninsula of Door County. Our mission is to "Develop Christ-followers who are actively seeking to transform our community by loving God and others". You can check out our website at: http://www.sbcommunitychurch.com
We have approximately 350 regular attendees, with a Sunday morning average of about 250, which has grown rapidly over the past year. We represent the diversity of age groups and socio-economic culture of our city, providing ministry to under-resourced individuals as well as seasoned professionals, young families and retirees. We have recently been experiencing God's blessing in our current ministries, including life groups, discipleship initiatives, missions, children's and student ministries. We are a Christ-centered, Bible-based body of believers who seek a closer relationship with God and opportunities to put our faith into action.
Sturgeon Bay and Door County
Sturgeon Bay is the gateway to beautiful Door County, Wisconsin, a premier vacation destination in the Midwest. Our city of 10,000 and county population of 35,000 is experiencing economic and population growth as manufacturing, restaurants, vacation and retail businesses continue on the rise. Our excellent school systems, acclaimed parks and community safety are drawing factors for many young families and retirees who relocate here annually.
Door County is "the destination" for millions of tourists and vacationers annually with miles of waterfront to explore. Outstanding parks and beaches are located throughout the peninsula, making Door County just the place for the family who loves swimming, boating, hiking, biking and camping in the great outdoors. https://www.doorcounty.com/
Who will be Our Successful Worship Arts Pastor?
It is our desire that our new Worship Arts Pastor will work with our talented musicians and vocalists toenvision and lead services to uniquely facilitate worship and lead our congregation into an enhanced relationship with God.
To achieve that, we expect the strong candidate will be characterized by the following:
• Passionate about leading people into a deeper relationship with God.
• Has a serious and personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.
• Is committed to the centrality of God's Word.
• Humbly utilizes leadership, shepherding, and administration gifts to develop a cohesive team by building, multiplying, equipping, empowering and leading volunteers to become "God's instruments" in providing ministry to both Christians and those who are exploring Christianity.
• Possesses demonstrable musicianship in voice as well as guitar or keyboard.
• Has at least three years of worship team leadership experience and collaboration within a church staff
• Weaves a combination of hymns, contemporary worship music, scripture, prayer, and other media to facilitate worship with a diverse congregation.
• Considers worship leadership to be a holy opportunity that demands attention to the details of content including song selection, technology, transitions, and team members' focus on excellence.
• Has demonstrated personal development through conferences, seminars, reading and mentoring.
• Reads music, charts and lead sheets; capable of transposing music into a key that our congregation can sing.
• Utilizes necessary ministry applications such as ProPresenter and Planning Center: demonstrates skill with audio and video production, sound systems & lighting.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or equivalent
How to apply
If you believe that this role is a fit for your passions, abilities, gifts and interests, please send us your cover letter, resume, videos and link to your church/ministry webpage to email@example.com. Thank you!