Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Omaha, NE Post Date: April 14, 2017
Who are we?
Citylight exist to multiply disciples of Jesus and churches. In 2012, Citylight was planted by a small core team that wanted to see Jesus do a new work in Omaha. Over the past four years God has shown tremendous grace to our church family. Citylight has grown from a handful of people praying in a living room to a spiritual family of more than 1900 people. Additionally, hundreds have met Jesus and been baptized. We are a gospel centered church, meaning we allow the good news of Jesus Christ to shape ever area of our ministry, message and methods. We affirm the gospel coalition statement of faith, as well as the Christian Missionary Alliance Statement of faith.
Who are we looking for?
The Citylight Omaha Worship Director will serve as the primary corporate worship leader of our Sunday morning gatherings. They will help create a healthy, Christ-exalting worship culture while caring for current musicians and developing new musicians.
Salary and Benefits:
- $43,000 – $58,000 based on experience and education
- Health care (will cover full family)
- Retirement funding
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off/vacation days and sick days
Direct Report: Lead Pastor Gavin Johnson Expectation: 40+ hrs a week.
1. Lead Worship
- Prepare songs/ sets that align with the sermon's theme.
- Help organize and plan Sunday morning Gatherings
- Lead worship at Sunday Gatherings/ CL events at least 50% percent of the time.
- Oversee mid-week team rehearsals.
- Oversee volunteer schedules in planning center
- Prepare slides in pro presenter.
- Ensure songs are theologically correct and gospel centered.
- Take Care of, Order and Asses Musical Equipment.
- Oversee Auditions and Musician Assimilation.
- Help develop musical competences and empower volunteers to help lead.
- Invest spiritually in your team of musicians. Help disciple, counsel and mature those on your team.
- Give on going feedback, encouragement to team members.
- Spend time with team members outside of rehearsals (Coffee/ Lunch etc)
3. Multiply Worship Leaders
- Over see full time, worship inters and residences.
- Equip interns with a theological grid on worship and ministry philosophy.
- Empower interns and residents to lead, and provide on going coaching.
- Recruit potential worship leaders to the team and develop their character and ministry competencies.
4. Be a Humble Team Player
- Attend Citylight Staff Prayer Gatherings
- Participate in Citylight Sermon/ Message team meetings
- Help Organize and Set up for large events
- Plug into a City Group or help lead a city group for song writers and creatives.
5. Coach and Resource our Church Plants
- Help Citylight Church Plants develop worship teams/ new leaders
- Help Citylight Church Plants understand equipment needs
- Work toward multiplying worship leaders- so that we can send out Godly, trained and equipped worship leaders.
How to apply