Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Indianapolis, IN Post Date: April 16, 2017
Refuge Bible Church
A New Church Plant in Indianapolis, IN
Jason Hampton, Lead Pastor
c: 317.441.4365 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org
I. Title of Position: Worship Director
II. Purpose of Position: To plan, coordinate and lead the weekly ministry for Refuge Bible Church
III. Reports to: Lead Pastor
IV. Relates/ works closely with: Lead Pastor, Sunday Morning Team Leaders, Musicians, Sound Team, Presentation team
V. Church Overview: We are a Church Plant on the Southeast side of Indianapolis. We began meeting as a Missional Community on January 17th and we are multiplying into 2 Missional Communities in May. Our plan is to start monthly Sunday Gatherings in June and a Soft Launch of our weekly Sunday Gatherings on Sept. 24, 2017. We affirm The Gospel Coalition Foundational Documents found here: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/about/foundatio....
Job Summary: Our vision is to see God establish a Gospel-Centered, Multi-cultural church for our city and for His glory. Our mission is to exalt Christ (Gospel), equip the church (community), and to extend His grace (mission). Our desire as a church is to magnify the greatness of Christ by responding to the truth of the gospel. One key aspect of this response is through worship music. Refuge Bible is growing in need and desire and a part-time worship leader is needed to continue to lead us to the response of the Gospel through worship and mission. Due to our stylistic vision, we are looking for a worship leader that can lead with guitar. All staff are expected to participate as an active member in the church, including Missional Community and DNA Groups.
Weekly Planning & Preparation (8-10) hours per week)
- Confirm song selection, sermon themes and overall flow with Pastor before rehearsal
- Post songs one week prior in Planning Center Online, with rehearsal notes & arrangement descriptions
- Assemble Keynote slides, including lyrics, scripture passages, series graphics, and response slides
Worship Execution (3 hours per week)
- Lead congregation in worship through song
- Oversee and lead Sound Team
- Lead Sunday morning prayer with musicians, sound team and presentation team
Ministry Development (2-3 hours per week)
- Regularly disciple, train, equip, implement and plan with worship volunteers
- Recruit, equip and develop new musicians, anticipating future needs
- Maintain, repair and replace sound equipment for gatherings and rehearsal, as needed. Manage budget.
- (As opportunity permits) Lead and contribute to the artistic ministry of Refuge as a "creative catalyst"
VI. Primary Strengths Required
- Faithful, Available and Teachable (FAT)
- Passionately committed to Refuge Bible's vision and philosophy of ministry
- Responsible and willing to take ownership
- Servant-hearted – Leading for the sake of others, especially those who don't know Jesus
- Excited & energized by a posture/approach to worship that is both "intellectually credible" & "existentially satisfying" for both Christians & non-Christians
- Team Player - Enjoys collaborating with others, eager for constructive/gracious feedback
- Entrepreneurial - able to quickly adapt in fast-paced environment of a church plant* High level of initiative - able to anticipate problems and implement solutions with little guidance.
- Able to lead others in innovating & exploring artful expression
- Attention to detail & commitment to a high level of creative excellence (without perfectionism)
VII. Time and Pay* $1,000 per month to start.
- There can also be training offered for fundraising if desired.
- 12-15 hours per week* 3 weeks vacation 1st year, 4 weeks vacation 2nd year
- Leadership development opportunities (conferences, residencies, etc.) based on candidate's interest
- Time & pay may increase as Refuge Bible grows, with opportunity for additional leadership responsibilities
- Interested applicants should email their resume, audio/ video sample to email@example.com, to receive other documents and application.
How to apply
* Interested applicants should email their resume, audio/ video sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive other documents and application.