Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Canby, OR Post Date: June 28, 2017
We are a small congregation in a rapidly growing small town 25 minutes south of Portland. Many people in our area commute to the city, but we also have the benefit of rural areas nearby and great outdoor amenities. We recently welcomed a new lead pastor who is passionate about the gospel and Christ-centered ministry. We are excited to welcome a new Worship Director to our staff.
The next Worship Director at Bethany Church will work alongside the lead pastor to plan worship services and other special services and programs. He will provide spiritual, artistic and administrative leadership to those who serve in the worship ministries and work cooperatively with the ministry staff to further the stated mission of Bethany Church: Helping People Follow Jesus.
- Minimum educational requirement of a Bachelor's degree
- Some level of theological training desired but not required
- The ability to effectively lead corporate worship in a multi-generational church setting; experience with both traditional and contemporary music and instrumentation.
- The ability to effectively develop and nurture teams who minister in the area of corporate worship
- Spiritual maturity to lead and train others in the area of worship.
- Administrative skills to manage and oversee the teams under the umbrella of worship, such as singers and musicians, usher team, technical and sound team.
- The ability and desire to work in a multi-staff team environment.
- Agreement with the EFCA doctrinal statement of faith and overall direction of Bethany Church
- A commitment to submit to the Elders, who have the responsibility of providing leadership and oversight at Bethany Church.
This is a part-time position with the potential for full-time opportunity in the future.
How to apply
To apply, please send resume including any letters of recommendation and, if available, any links to audio or video of worship leading experience to email@example.com .