Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Wading River, NY Post Date: July 14, 2017
Wading River Congregational Church is a seeking a Worship Director with a strong faith, a love for people, and the ability to lead musically in a variety of worship styles and settings. We are seeking someone to lead in both traditional worship, leading and developing a choir as well as performing solos, and to lead in contemporary worship, leading and developing a praise band and serving as the primary worship leader. We are a historic, small-town church, looking to reach out the community around us, with great potential for growth.
Please read the job description below to learn more about the position. For more information, please visit our website, www.wadingriverchurch.org, or contact us at email@example.com or 631-929-8849. Submit resumes with a cover letter including a statement of your own personal faith to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worship Director Position Description
Purpose: To work together with the pastor and leaders of WRCC, to lead the church into a closer relationship with God through worship, by developing and leading the music ministries of WRCC.
- Lead and develop the worship music for our traditional worship services by serving as soloist or hymn leader, and through leading and developing a choir.
- Help develop the choir and musicians in leading congregational worship through choral pieces, solos, and by encouraging congregational singing.
- Lead and develop a praise band to launch weekly contemporary worship services.
- Serve as a lead singer in contemporary worship services.
- Recruit, equip, supervise and encourage singers and musicians.
- Communicate faithfully with the Pastor, Deacons and staff.
- Attend monthly Deacons Meetings.
- Pray regularly for the WRCC Worship ministry and musicians.
- Participate with the Pastor and Deacons in the planning of all worship services, selecting and planning music for services.
- Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Compose or arrange music to appropriately incorporate contemporary worship music into our Sunday services.
- Agree with the Statement of Faith and Mission Statement of WRCC, and have an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ and a growing walk with him.
- Possess the character of a biblical leader and the ability to encourage volunteer musicians in the Christian life, to treat people with love and respect, and to exhibit patience and flexibility in working with musicians and volunteers.
- Ability to lead and develop a choir.
- Ability to lead in singing and with piano or guitar in contemporary setting.
- Composing or arranging skills and degree in Music preferred.
- Hours – Approx. 10 hours per week and likely to increase over time.
- Pay – Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits – Two weeks paid time off (paid for average number of hours)
How to apply
Visit wadingriverchurch.org/worship-director-position/ to read our statement of faith and mission statement. Submit resumes with a cover letter including a statement of your own personal faith to email@example.com.