Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Indianapolis, IN Post Date: August 04, 2017
Chapelwood Baptist Church is looking for a Worship Director who will collaborate with the Lead Pastor to cast vision for Chapelwood's worship ministry and will provide primary leadership in the area of music and liturgy for Chapelwood's Sunday gatherings.
- Oversee all aspects of musical worship for the Sunday gathering
- Plan, write, and distribute weekly gathering liturgy in collaboration with Lead Pastor
- Coordinate logistics for Sunday gathering with AV Team including making sure lyrics are properly displayed
- Train and oversee AV Team (volunteers) and sound equipment
- Identify, train, and shepherd other musicians in the congregation
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor to develop and cast vision for Chapelwood's worship culture
- Oversee worship budget
The Worship Director must:
- Be a Christian in essential agreement with The Gospel Coalition Confessional Statement
- Be willing to become a member of Chapelwood Baptist Church
- Meet the character qualifications set forth for deacons in 1 Timothy 3
- Demonstrate an ability to lead congregational worship and volunteers well
Expectations and Compensation
An average of 15 hours per week salaried. You will need to be present for Sunday gatherings, but the rest of your work schedule is flexible.
How to apply
Email Dan Weller (email@example.com ) with the following:
- Cover letter and resume.
- Contact info for 2 references (1 personal, 1 professional).
- An audio or video recording of your work if possible.