About this role
The worship directors role at CCC (cccplainfield.org) is to engage the community at our weekly worship gathering with creative and quality music and liturgies which call people to receive and respond to the good news of the gospel.
NOTE ON OUR MUSIC STYLE: Our musical style is not 'anthem rock' (Hillsong, Elevation Church, Vertical Worship, etc.), but more Folk Rock or Americana. The song selection is a lot of hymns and music from: Red Mountain Church, Sojourn Church, Page CXVII, Sandra McCracken, Indelible Grace, and others singing modern hymns. See our Spotify Playlist for some examples.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years leading music in the church. Experience with (or a willingness to learn) liturgical worship. Experience leading a team of musicians.
Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Must be able to effectively schedule, organize, and lead rehearsals and the Sunday worship gathering. Ability take a hymn and rewrite/rearrange the music underneath, giving it a freshness, is preferred but not required. The candidate should demonstrate great vocal skills, as well as proficiency in leading worship while playing a musical instrument.
Able to lead a team of volunteer musicians, deciding which musicians/singers have the skill to be part of the band and graciously give feedback to musicians and singers who are part of the team.
Proficient in Propresenter and knowledgeable of sound equipment and mixing sound
Candidate must be well spoken of by unbelievers have friends who don't know Jesus.
As the "Chief Musician"-
- Serve the church by leading weekly corporate worship service and oversee all things involved in the service
- Write liturgy (this is something that can be learned over time with the assistance of the Lead Pastor),
- Write and/or arrange musical selections for the band,
- Decide who should be part of the worship band (hold auditions for new comers)
- Manage Schedule volunteer musicians to play along with you
- Oversee the scheduling of sound, projection, scripture readers, elders for prayer, and deacons to collect offering for Sunday worship. (You may not have to schedule each of these, but make sure whoever is responsible for scheduling them does so)
- Lead weekly practice with band to prepare for Sunday
- Evaluate and assist in gathering resources to be used by the worship and production teams
- Develop a Christ-centered worship culture at CCC, which includes creativity and a high quality musicianship.
- Help develop other musicians: Work with musicians in the church, recognize their gift and help grow them in their craft. (Again, we realize this will be limited due to the role being part-time, but still think it is an important piece to the growth of the music culture here).
How to apply
Contact Pastor Ryan- [email protected]Back to results