Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Fremont, NE Post Date: October 23, 2017
The worship elder will have the responsibility before God in planning and implementing all areas of the Christ-centered worship ministry at Fremont Evangelical Free Church. Additionally, the worship elder will hold other pastoral responsibilities depending upon spiritual gifting and ministry needs. He will also work alongside the other elders shepherding and leading the church. This will be a full-time position with time split between the worship leading responsibilities and other pastoral responsibilities based on gifting andministry needs in the church.
- The elder of worship must meet the qualifications for an elder-pastor as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:3-7.
- He must be in full agreement with the Fremont E-Free Church Distinctives, Constitution, and the EFCA Statement of Faith (with the exception of the premillennial language which we as a church consider a secondary doctrine).
- He must be of established Christian character, sound in faith and doctrine.
- He must be proficient to lead instrumentally with guitar and/or piano in gathered worship services.
- He must have experience in leading a team of musicians.
- He should also have the ability to recruit, lead, and develop musicians, volunteers, and support staff, both individually and collectively.
- He must have experience with audio and video technology and the ability to operate, troubleshoot, and train volunteers to use standard industry equipment.
- He should have significant training, with a preference towards a master's degree from an accredited seminary.
- Direct the planning, organizing, and evaluating of the Christ-centered worship ministry.
- Work together with other members of the pastoral team to craft Christ-honoring worship services.
- Recruit, train, and schedule worship team members (music, sound, media).
- Lead and oversee weekly rehearsals for the worship team.
- Supervise and maintain all supplies, instruments, and equipment related to the worship ministry.
- Prepare an estimated annual worship ministry budget and administer the approved worship ministry budget.
- Stay current and informed on the latest church worship practices (specifically as it relates to new worship songs and music).
- Consult and/or assist in musical preparation for weddings, funerals, and other church related activities.
- Regularly participate in elder meetings and functions as part of the elder team.
- Lead and facilitate a gospel community group (home-based small group).
- Fulfill other pastoral responsibilities based on spiritual gifts, ministry needs, and passions. These responsibilities will be determined during the search process in coordination with the elder team and/or search team.
Information about the Church
Fremont Evangelical Free Church is located in Fremont, Nebraska. The Fremont community has a population of approximately 25,000 and is approximately 30 minutes west of Omaha and 50 minutes north of Lincoln. Our local body is currently led by four elders, two of which are on full-time staff with the church. While the congregation formally votes on all significant matters, it is the elders that formulate and bring vision to the body for approval. We have a variety of different active ministries in the church including: Gospel Community Groups, Sunday Bible Study, Youth, Music, Awana, Children's, and Men's and Women's Ministry. Our church also greatly values missions both locally and globally. Our average worship attendance is around 200 people on Sunday morning. We currently have one worship service but a second service seems to be coming soon.
Our worship style involves Christ-centered hymns, contemporary songs, prayer and Scripture. Worship is led by a team whose numbers and instruments vary, but have included piano, keyboard, guitar, box drum, and vocalists. More importantly, our church is committed to a biblical vision of worship. We believe that worship is a lifestyle rather than an event. When we do gather for corporate worship, the dominant instruments are the hearts and voices of those Christ has redeemed. We aim to be theologically robust, gospel-centered, aesthetically rich, musically accessible, and focused on congregational participation. Our goal is to honor Christ and encourage the saints, and we seek to craft worship services thatemphasize both the transcendence and immanence of God, displayed most clearly in the perfect life, atoning death, and victorious resurrection of Jesus Christ.
For more information about our local body visit our website at fremontefree.org.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume along with video samples of your worship leading to: [email protected] The contact person is Adam Marshall. After reviewing each resume, we will make further contact with those we believe appear to fit the job description. We know that God is sovereign and look forward to the time in which the man he is preparing will join and minister along with us.