Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Indianapolis, IN Post Date: June 15, 2017
Chapelwood Baptist Church is seeking a worship leader to give direction to the music ministry of the church. We are looking for someone who combines musical competency with joyful humility and a shepherd's heart. This person should be someone who loves Christ, his Word, and his people, and is passionate about leading worship in a way that points people to the all-satisfying greatness of God in the gospel.
The primary responsibility would be to lead corporate worship in Sunday gatherings, incorporating music that is theologically rich, gospel-centered, and congregational.
Additional responsibilities would include:
- Planning all corporate worship services in conjunction with lead pastor
- Helping shepherd and develop other musicians in the congregation
- Overseeing sound team and sound equipment
- Coordinating lyric slides and volunteers to operate equipment
- Performing various church administrative tasks
As a church committed to leader development, we can also provide many opportunities to train and prepare for further ministry as a lead/associate pastor, church planter, or full-time worship pastor. These additional opportunities could include: preaching, teaching, leading groups, counseling, discipling believers, and several others depending on the candidate's abilities and desires.
Other Job Details
- The role is currently part-time, but could develop into a full-time position, should circumstances permit.
- Candidate should be in agreement with both the Baptist Faith & Message and The Gospel Coalition Confessional Statement.
How to apply
For more information or to apply, please contact Pastor Dan Weller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The church is currently in the process of switching over to a new website and therefore temporarily doesn't have any information available online. We apologize for the inconvenience and Pastor Dan would be happy to answer any questions about the church in the meantime.