Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Willliamsburg, VA Post Date: June 23, 2017
Living Proof Baptist Church in Williamsburg, VA is looking to hire a part-time Worship Leader to help lead our congregation in musical worship during our Sunday morning services. Our desire is to find someone whose heart is in line with God's Word and has a passion for leading others in our local church to savor Christ through the truths found in His Word. Our church is comprised of over 100 members accustomed to a blend of theologically rich traditional and modern hymns as well as some contemporary praise songs all for the purpose of glorifying God. Examples of music we utilize would include Getty Music, Sovereign Grace Music, Indelible Grace Music, etc. Please view our website (www.livingproofbc.org) to gather information displaying our doctrinal statement, leadership, history and ministries.
Required Skills & Experience
- To be above reproach in faithfulness and integrity as a follower of Christ (1 Tim. 3:1-13).
- A teachable and humble spirit willing to grow in maturity while in this role.
- A shepherding heart who desires to lead God's people to authentic worship. (Eph. 5:19; Col 3:16).
- Sound biblical and doctrinal understanding and conviction (2 Tim. 2:15).
- Vocal & musical ability on keyboard and/or guitar.
- Love and serve as a member at Living Proof Baptist Church.
- Implement the vision and priorities of Living Proof Baptist Church into our weekly worship.
- Partner in ministry with the Elders to equip the saints and reach the lost.
- Recruit, audition, and develop LPBC Worship Team (singers, musicians, sound team, etc.)
- Coordinate logistics of worship with pastor and sound team.
- Lead weekly practice with the worship team. This includes both spiritual discipleship and musical rehearsal.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor for prayer and discipleship
- Prepare theme and elements of worship in conjunction with the Pastor (songs, transitions, readings, etc.) for Sunday morning worship.
- Prepare and lead musical worship during special events & services throughout the year (Christmas Eve, Easter week, etc.)
- 4 hours - Sunday Morning (Practice, Worship, Interaction with congregation)
- 2 hours – Practice with Worship Team during the week
- 1 hour – Personal development (reading solid/doctrinally sound books, music practice, etc.)
- 1 hour – Song selection, administration (copies, chord charts, communication, maintain equipment, etc.)
- 1 hour – Leadership/Team (teach/disciple team and congregation, develop worship leaders and musicians, recruit musicians)
- 1 hour – Meet with Pastor
How to apply
Submit resume along with audio/video clips to Living Proof Baptist Church Elders at email@example.com.