Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Monroe, MI Post Date: April 25, 2017
The worship leader works with the lead pastor in planning and implementing all areas of the Christ-centered worship ministry at CrossPointe Church.
Church: CrossPointe Church
Position: Worship Leader (Part-time).
CrossPointe Church Overview: CrossPointe Church is a medium-sized church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) located in Monroe, Michigan. We offer two identical gathered worship services on Sunday mornings which include; biblical preaching, scripture reading, prayer, theologically rich music, and regular observance of the biblical ordinances (Lord's Supper and Baptism). Our music style is considered "contemporary" as we are led by a team of musicians (piano, guitar(s), drums, bass, vocals). Within our "contemporary" style of music, we value both old and new songs that are theologically rich and seek to glorify God (examples: Citizens & Saints, Getty Music, Sovereign Grace Music, Indelible Grace Music). Please see the following website for more information regarding CrossPointe's doctrinal statement, leadership, history, and various ministries.
CrossPointe Church Website: www.crosspointemonroe.com
Monroe, Michigan Overview: Monroe is a city of approximately 20,000 people located on the western shore of Lake Erie. It is equal distance from Detroit (MI), Ann Arbor (MI), and Toledo (OH). Monroe offers a great blend of outdoor activities, historical landmarks, and city life.Worship Leader Qualifications:
- The worship leader must be a man who humbly and joyfully desires to use his gifts for serving in the local church.
- The worship leader must be a man who is actively pursuing holiness of life by the grace of God.
- The worship leader must be evangelical and in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- The worship leader must be proficient to lead vocally in gathered worship services.
- The worship leader must be proficient to lead instrumentally with guitar and/or piano in gathered worship services.
- The worship leader must have experience in leading a team of musicians in a contemporary music style.
- The worship leader must have experience with audio and video technology.
- Prefer the worship leader to be a man who desires and is gifted to eventually serve as an elder in the local church (1Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
- Direct the planning, organizing, and evaluating of the Christ-centered worship ministry.
- Recruit, train, and schedule worship team members (music, sound, media).
- Lead and oversee weekly rehearsals for the worship team.
Additional Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
- Disciple the worship team members and worship intern(s).
- Supervise and maintain all supplies, instruments, and equipment related to the worship ministry.
- Manage weekly website content.
- Maintain weekly office hours in cooperation with the lead pastor.
- Prepare an estimated annual worship ministry budget and administer the approved worship ministry budget.
- Stay current on the latest church worship trends.
- Participate in scheduled ministry team leader meetings and staff meetings.
- Consult and/or assist in musical preparation for weddings, funerals, and other church and/or denomination related activities.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of seasonal and special worship services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
How to apply
Email resume and links to samples of your worship leading to email@example.com