Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Crestview, FL Post Date: May 17, 2017
Crosspoint is seeking to fill the position of Worship Leader (Full-Time; Exempt Position). This position will oversee Worship and Creative Arts including the organization, administration, and execution of all creative elements of music and production in North Crestview campus worship experiences, and overseeing volunteer artist and technician development and recruitment.
POSITION TITLE: Worship Leader (Full-Time; Exempt Position)
- Be responsible for worship bands, rehearsals, and leading worship for all worship services.
- Work with Associate Minister and Lighting Designer to make sure all creative elements, worship, and production details are planned, prepared and executed for the upcoming worship experiences using Planning Center.
- Schedule volunteer artists and technicians on a rotational basis.
- Recruit and train new musicians and vocalists. Oversee an audition process to assess the skill of potential volunteer artists, and assist running Creative Team Nights to build team relationships between volunteer teams.
- Provide private musical instruction for worship team members where necessary.
- Develop student age bands to be used in Student worship, and at times in the Kids and Adults worship services.
- Arrange custom music for voice and instruments as part of rehearsal mixes and backing tracks using Abelton Live. Ensure rehearsal mixes are distributed to volunteer artists and technicians prior to weekend worship.
- Oversee the Lighting Designer, and volunteer audio/visual technicians to ensure a high level of excellence is maintained in the audio, multimedia, video, lighting, and production elements of worship services.
- Be responsible for any other musical elements for programs within the church outside of weekend worship.
- Uphold and adhere to the Staff Covenant.
- Be a dedicated Christian growing in a deepening personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and modeling this to others. This includes a commitment to Bible reading, prayer, and sanctification as a Christian in all areas of life.
- Must have experience in leading contemporary worship, including instructing bands, vocalists and technicians.
- Have a gifting and passion for leading people in worship both on and off the platform.
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational, team building, and relational skills essential.
- Ability to recruit, train and empower volunteers within Creative Arts. This includes areas such as music, dance, drama, stage design, visual arts, and audio/visual production. Be open and willing to learn new skills and ways of ministering within Creative Arts; and communicate these skills to volunteer artists and technicians.
- Must have basic computer skills (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, email, music formatting). Must be proficient in both Mac and PC platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, Pro Presenter and Planning Center.
- Must be able to create, build, and edit tracks using Abelton Live.
- Must have a working knowledge of audio equipment and assist troubleshooting technical issues that arise.
- Increase the number of volunteers serving in worship and audio/visual production teams.
- Creative volunteers believe they are empowered and equipped for each worship experience.
- Deadlines are kept for creative elements with key information communicated to staff and volunteers.
- Budgets are maintained conservatively and utilized to lead Crosspoint to new ways of performing ministry.
How to apply
Interested applicants can head to Crosspoint employment page (yourcrosspointcc.org/employment) and scroll down to "North Crestview" to download a full Job Description (PDF) and complete an Application (PDF). Please download the application, complete it, and attach it in an e-mail to Jeremy Thiess (email@example.com) along with your resume and short Christian testimony.