Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Willshire, OH Post Date: September 12, 2017
Our Church: Praise Point is the result of two smaller churches sharing vision for more effective ministry. These two churches combined in 2006 to address the needs of both the congregations and the region. Located in the rural village of Willshire, OH, a town of only 400 people, Praise Point has people who will travel for over 40 minutes just to be a part of what God is doing here. Today, the church has grown to about 200 (bumping to just under 300 on special holidays) and impacts our region in practical and tangible ways. The growth potential here is exciting. Our slogan is "Teach. Train. Transform." We diligently teach the Scriptures, Train in righteousness and watch God Transform hearts and lives. We are a teaching church. We desire to be known as a church that holds the Scriptures high as our authority for life and godliness. It's been a joy and an honor to see so many lives transformed by the power of God. We are a member church of the United Brethren in Christ, the first American-born denomination. Famous UBers such as Francis Scott Key and the Wright brothers are a part of our history. For more information, check us out on Facebook or our website.
Our Current Opening of Worship Pastor: We are searching for a person who shares our passion for teaching through leading worship. It's our current "low hole in the barrel." As one worship leader has described the role, "he preaches his sermon through leading the congregation in many voices, then the pastor preaches his sermon." We are looking for a person who is musically talented and can develop others to lead the congregation with excellence. Our ideal candidate will also possess media/tech skills to enhance our weekend services and make the most of every minute our congregation is assembled. Our ideal candidate will also understand the value of using doctrinally sound worship to enhance the topic the day's lesson. We are ready to invest into someone to develop them even beyond their current skills and abilities as they invest into the Kingdom through the local church.
Here's a few important details:Status: Part-Time with the possibility to go FT as the congregation grows.Salary & Benefits: Negotiable based on experience, abilities, etc.Chemistry, Character, Competency: Chemistry with our congregation and our staff matters. We are a rural church and the right candidate will embrace the benefits and strengths that come from our geographical location. Character to model a life of worship and godliness matters. Competency with the Scriptures and music matters.
Ministry Description: To shepherd the people of PPC by developinginspiring worship services that encourages both corporate and private worshipfor believers. This involves oversight and execution of musical aspects of thecorporate worship, praise events, outreach and private worship.
The specific responsibilities may be divided into four major areas:
A. Direct Involvement
1. Living a life of holiness
2. To become a growing disciple of Christ
3. Planning and leading creative worship experiences
5. Establishing, coordinating, and rehearsing music events
6. Continuous improvement of volunteers' musical abilities
7. Media and tech
8. Encouraging and leading people towards personal worship, beginning with the worship teams.
1. In consultation with the pastors and church leadership, capture a vision for and philosophy ofutilizing music and arts in worship
2. Articulate and implement that vision and philosophy of worship with and through other staffand volunteers who participate in implementing worship services for the church.
3. Develop a long-range worship plan in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
4. Establish standards for worship activities.
1. Guide and oversee the worship planning process.
2. Oversee copyright compliance by church personnel.
1. Personal development of Biblical knowledge
2. Incorporate the arts into our worship services where appropriate.
3. Maintain accountability for the worship philosophy and vision of each service byproviding prayer support, credible feedback and mentoring where needed.
4. Assist in identifying people and other resources for worship
5. Establish standards for worship activities and oversee evaluations against thosestandards to identify progress in achieving the vision.
6. Maintain a ministry of encouragement to all who offer themselves in the various forms of
art or in support of our worship services.
How to apply
For more information or to apply: Please contact lead pastor, Brad Kittle via email at Brad@PraisePoint.net. Please include your name, contact info and how you heard about the opening. This opportunity will be posted until filled.