Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Louisville, KY Post Date: October 09, 2017
Baxter Avenue Church of Louisville, KY is sending out their current worship pastor to a new station of ministry, and is in search of a worship leader(s) to help the transition and continue the legacy of biblical, pastoral worship. God is using this Baxter family to reach people that would not normally set foot in a church building. Being just minutes from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, God has used Baxter to equip and send out pastors, missionaries, lay persons and their families into ministry throughout the United States, and overseas. Baxter's nimble size creates opportunities for serving and exercising gifts necessary to be equipped for gospel ministry. If you aspire to be trained for pastoral ministry, be a part of a godly transition of leadership, and would like to learn from and build upon a foundation of biblical worship, prayerfully consider whether you are needed at Baxter. Part-time financial support will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Partner in the ministry of Baxter Avenue Church through church membership.
- A desire to serve Christ's body at Baxter, and train for pastoral ministry.
- Proficient musical skill to lead congregational singing with voice and a suitable lead instrument (preferably guitar or keyboard).
- Work with pastor(s) to plan and lead the Sunday morning worship gatherings with the goal of declaring the transforming power of the gospel.
- Schedule a rotation of musicians and volunteers for the weekly worship gathering.
- Lead midweek & Sunday morning worship team rehearsals.
- Provide leadership for the music and tech team members.
- Create and print worship guides and/or lyric presentations.
- Meet quarterly with pastors and the worship ministry team (musicians, tech team, lead volunteers) for planning and discipleship.
How to apply
If interested please contact either Pastor Tommy Speirs at firstname.lastname@example.org Pastor Evan Taylor at email@example.com.