About this role
About the Organization:
This short video from 2015 gives a basic Overview of Renewal. // Vimeo.com/244880067
Renewal church is a young, diverse, center-city church that was founded in February of 2014. We exist to see Jesus made famous, people made whole, and Boston made new.
Snapshot: Size-70 // Denomination-Southern Baptist // Location-Boston, MA
About the Position:
Renewal Church seeks a spiritually growing and experienced full-time Worship Leader to build a strong music ministry. The Worship Leader will lead a diverse community of followers to engage God through musical worship, and ensure that all Renewal worship gatherings are executed with excellence through the recruiting, training, and development of leaders and volunteers. This individual will closely collaborate with the Lead Pastor in formulating the weekend worship experience. The successful candidate will have proven experience building teams as well as discipling and developing volunteers as they offer insight, direction, and value to the creative development and direction for services.
What We are Searching For/Qualifications:
Education: a Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
Experience and Skills:
- A proven track record of leading worship (3-7 years) successfully in an appropriate church context
- Versatile, excellent musicianship both vocally and instrumentally
- Ability to provide clear direction to musicians
- Possess an understanding of musical arrangements and charting
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, and
- Skill creating video and digital media preferred
Culture and Fit:
- A desire for diversity and is comfortable with a variety of worship styles (particularly gospel, contemporary, and hymns)
- Skill leading the church in worship with an awareness that non-Christians are visiting and investigating Christianity
- Plan and organize in advance as well as adjust very quickly to any change that might need to be made
- Proven ability developing leaders and volunteers (both technically and spiritually) within a worship ministry.
- A self-starter who takes ownership of ministry and works rigorously toward improvement
- Enjoys living in a big city
About the Location:
Often referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty," Boston is the site of some of the most significant social, cultural and political moments in U.S. history. Living in the region can feel like acting out the pages of a history book, while simultaneously experiencing the perks of a modern metro area. Boston's tenacious spirit was born out of an act of revolution and since its inception, the pursuance of innovation and progress has been in its DNA. From the Old North Church to the Institute of Contemporary Art and everything in between, Boston is steeped in culture and rich in pride.
Demographically Boston is vibrant because it is full of young, single people, many of whom are highly educated. Spiritually Boston is 3% evangelical Christian (source: the ARDA), with 40% of people being Catholic or post-Catholic, and 40% of people claiming no religious affiliation at all. Consistently ranked as one of the "least bible-minded cities in America" by the Barna group, Boston presents unique difficulties in ministry which presents an inviting challenge to the candidate with a passion for reaching those far from God.
Songs We've Played Recently:
You must be able to lead songs like these to do the job: Gracefully Broken - Tasha Cobbs, Great Are You Lord – Bethel, Rising Sun - All Sons and Daughters, I Surrender All - the famous hymn, Scandal of Grace – Hillsong, You Made a Way - Travis Greene, How He Loves - Anthony Evans Version
How to apply
To apply for this job, email a copy of your current resume along with a link to a video of you playing and singing to [email protected] It can be a simple iphone video at home, but we will not review a resume submitted without a video.Back to results