Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Rochester, NY Post Date: May 28, 2017
The Worship Director will help carry out the mission of Harvest Rochester, NY as he gives leadership to all aspects of musical worship. The heart of this role is to encourage and shepherd God's people to worship God in spirit and truth.
The Mission of Harvest Bible Chapel is to glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
All applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ with character consistent with Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Authentic lifestyle demonstrating consistent character and spiritual growth
- Agreement with Harvest Rochester's doctrinal statement (found at www.harvestroc.org)
- A commitment to the mission, vision, and leadership of Harvest Rochester
- A sense of calling to serve God and those He calls to be part of our church family
- A passion for the Lord over other giftedness
Harvest Bible Chapel Rochester, NY was planted in March 2016. God has been actively at work as we have seen marriages healed, skeptics saved and baptized, ministry teams grow, small groups launched, and so much more. All glory goes directly to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Harvest is a church that places primary importance on our Sunday morning worship. We firmly believe that we gather as a church for the sake of the glory of God, not primarily for the sake of God's people. We call this Vertical Church! Our desire is for Harvest Bible Chapel to become a church full of passionate worshipers who are seeking after the life-altering, earth-shaking, window-rattling, face-to-face experience with the living God...each and every Sunday.
What follows are the main roles and responsibilities of this job. However, this is an all-hands-on-deck, 1-year-old church: we do whatever is required of us in order to get done what needs to get done for the purpose of the fulfillment of the mission that Jesus gave us, to "go and make disciples."
- Reports directly to and works closely with the Senior Pastor
- Responsible for leading and managing the Worship & Tech teams
- Lead, shepherd and train the volunteers within the Worship & Tech teams
- Worship service planning along with the Senior Pastor
- Worship leading on weekends, monthly prayer meetings, and other events
- Actively seeks to raise up and mentor new worship leaders
- All other tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Passionate pursuit of holiness
- Ongoing pursuit of humility
- Strong collaborative skills
- Exceptional relational skills
- Organized and detailed
- Highly motivated
- Leadership gifts
- Strong musical skills
- Supportive Spouse (if married)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum three years of experience of leading a worship ministry
How to apply
- Fill out the application at http://bit.ly/HBCROCapp.
- Fill the application out (digitally, or print & scan it)
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to:Harvest Bible Chapel RochesterPO Box 18586Rochester, NY 14618
- Email at least 2 videos of you leading worship to email@example.com
- We will reach out to you
In the meantime...
- Get to know our teaching at http://www.harvestroc.org/sermons/
- Listen specifically to a series I did on worship entitled "All For You." http://www.harvestroc.org/series/all-for-you/
- Get to know us on Social Media on social media:
- Read James MacDonald's book Vertical Church. Only $2.39 on Kindle!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.