Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Ovilla, TX Post Date: April 08, 2017
The elders of GCO sense the Lord's call to add a full-time worship pastor to GCO's professional staff, which is due in part to our growth. Part-time candidates seeking a full-time role in the next few years will also be considered. The worship pastor will be a man known for his self-control, with a heart for congregational worship over and above individual or band performance. He also values relationships over an agenda and should exhibit servant leadership in his family, the church, and with others. He will practice sound financial stewardship. The worship pastor is a man of peace, capable of teaching sound doctrine with grace, patience and compassion. As such, he will hold at least a Masters of Divinity or equivalent degree, or be near completing it. Practical experience in leading worship is required, although not necessarily as a senior worship pastor of another church. The worship pastor will also have one additional area of professional training, such as discipleship, education, counseling, etc. The worship pastor will report to the senior pastor and serve together with a full-time youth pastor and part-time children's ministry coordinator, nursery coordinator, website coordinator, bookkeeper, and church secretary.
GCO offers a blended worship service each Sunday with several Sunday school classes for adults, youth, and children, as well as children's church and nursery during worship. The worship pastor's responsibilities include:
• Lead Sunday morning worship
• Assist in service planning
• Lead a worship team in rehearsal and spiritual growth
• Direct special programs for major holidays such as Christmas and Easter
• Care for the church in a broadly pastoral role • Other duties such as teaching, discipleship, administration, education, counseling, etc. in keeping with the candidate's background. His required qualifications are: • Spiritual and personal maturity in keeping with that of an elder/pastor • Skill and training in group performance of church music • Personal passion for the worship of God and the encouragement of believers • Doctrinal fit with the church doctrinal statement • Cultural fit with GCO • Knowledge of and strong appreciation for a broad range of musical styles • Experience and skill with church audio-visual systems
About GCO and the surrounding communities ...
GCO provides weekly ministries for men, women, youth and children of all ages, with an emphasis on missions and outreach opportunities. GCO's average attendance for 2016 was approximately 200. The people of Grace serve Ovilla and the surrounding communities. The Grace family is known for its warmth and care, as we grow together. Ovilla has a median age of 37, median household income of $85,000, and median house value of $206,000. Beyond Ovilla, GCO is within five miles of Red Oak, Glenn Heights, Oak Leaf and DeSoto, and within 10 miles of Cedar Hill, Midlothian, Duncanville and Lancaster. Grace Church is 13 miles north of downtown Waxahachie, and 22 miles south of downtown Dallas. Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with experience for either the full-time or part-time worship pastor.
How to apply
Please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com