Job type: Part-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Leawood, KS Post Date: April 11, 2017
Provide pastoral leadership to the worship ministries of Leawood Baptist Church as we seek to glorify God by making disciples of all nations. The hope that as the church grows that this will become a full-time position.
Description: Leawood Baptist Church in the Kansas City area is seeking a person with a strong passion for the local church and reaching the community and world with the gospel. This person must be a creative individual with strong musical and technical gifts as well as a pastoral heart. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires people to join them in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Leawood Baptist Church as well as become a covenant member with involvement in the life of the church.
4. Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, all applicants must submit a video of themselves leading worship as well as a written document of their philosophy of worship.
5. Someone who values all types of music and who can use the music to affect thecongregation so that their souls are move to true and vital worship of God.
1. A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
2. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
3. A spirit of excellence in all they do.
4. Enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
5. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
6. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting,computers, Power Point, and video projection.
7. A self-starter that is flexible and possesses time management skills.
8. A team player with a positive attitude and able to work alongside a team with
humility and teachability.
9. Ability to engage with people relationally within and outside of the church.
10. Ability to lead volunteers and musicians musically and spiritually.
1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual
disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
2. Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effectivein pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
3. Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Leawood Baptist Church.
4. Plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordinationof all instrumentalists and vocalists.
5. Serve as lead worshiper in all worship services. Worship gathering responsibilitiesinclude leading song and providing scriptural and expository transitions.
6. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship inservices.
7. Provide pastoral care for the worship teams and choirs.
8. Plan ways to use ways to reach out to the community evangelistically through music.
9. Oversee the worship ministry budget, organization, and volunteers.
10. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with Leawood's mission and vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
How to apply
Email Resumes to Lead Pastor Adam Carter at email@example.com. You can call 913-649-0100 to discuss the position with him as well.