Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Tucson, AZ Post Date: June 22, 2017
Northwest Bible Church (northwestbible.com) in Tucson, Arizona exists to glorify God by 'celebrating' the gospel, 'connecting' as the church, and 'contributing' to the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
We are a multi-generational church, affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. We currently have two Sunday morning services with an average attendance of around 380 adults. Check out more information about us on our website at northwestbible.com
The Worship Pastor oversees all aspects of the church's gathered worship. He is the point person for worship at Northwest and the leader and organizer of all volunteers and functions related to worship.
- Execution of Weekly Sunday Worship Gathering (everything except preaching).
- Driver of overall Worship Vision, Culture, DNA, and Development
- Oversight of all teams related to Sunday Gathering - worship, production, tech, sound/lighting, setup, communion, etc.
- Discipleship and Spiritual Formation of key worship ministry personnel
- Developing new leaders and teams for the various expressions of worship at Northwest
- Being a "Chief Theologian" of worship and liturgy at Northwest
- Being a "Chief Reporter" of the many developing God Stories at Northwest (Ps. 111:2)
- Writing and producing music and recordings that reflect Northwest's worship culture and contribute to our mission of gospel formation and renewal
- Leading or facilitating worship at other gatherings outside of Sunday mornings.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by the Elders of Northwest.
What does success look like?
- Sunday morning worship is Spirit-filled, God-centered, hospitable, and formative
- Northwest becomes "known" for the quality and transcendence of its worship gatherings and is contributing to the broader conversations about worship in our city and region
- Northwest is identifying and raising up new worship leaders and teams for mission (i.e. both inside and beyond our ministry context)
- Sunday mornings are marked by careful attention to detail (slides, spoken words, prayerful presence, thoughtful execution)
- Northwest's worship is self-consciously biblical and gospel-centered, emphasizing the great truths about God that tend to get left out of much "contemporary worship" music
- The Word - the sacred Scriptures - are central in our worshiping life, such that people can't separate the service into "music" and "Word" (preaching); rather, the Word is infused throughout the corporate gathering
Expectations and Compensation
- 40-50 hours per week
- Salary & Benefits as per Compensation Guidelines
How to apply
View a full job description at northwestbible.com/jobs
To apply, please email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application (found at northwestbible.com/jobs)
- Cover letter
- Video/audio clip of you leading worship