Job type: Full-time
Category: Worship Ministry
Location: Pontiac, IL Post Date: June 26, 2017
Description of position
The worship ministry at Pontiac Bible Church exists to help our people experience God in the totality of who He is through corporate worship and to equip them to worship Him wherever He places us during the week, especially in our homes.
Facilitate passionate, God-centered worship and assist in church leadership in other various capacities in order to promote the vision and mission of Pontiac Bible Church.
● A disciple of Jesus Christ who personifies a growing relationship with Him and demonstrates a genuine love and passion for serving the Lord
● A person who pursues the heart of God in personal worship
● Agrees with Pontiac Bible Church's Statement of Faith & Statement on Marriage
- An ability to lead and draw people into joyful, creative corporate worship
● An appreciation for and ability to lead all styles of music and relate to all generational groups, emphasizing a contemporary/blended approach
● Good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
● Demonstrates an attitude of servant leadership as modeled by Jesus
● An ability to recruit, develop and shepherd those involved in the worship ministry
● A strong upfront leader with gifts and abilities to create a worship environment that touches the heart of the believer, appeals to the head, and draws the seeker to Christ (John 4)
● Has keyboard and/or guitar abilities and training in music theory
● A team player
● A degree from a Christian college and/or seminary
● Ordained or willing to be ordained
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Consult with pastoral staff regarding the theme and selection of music for each worship service as well as other aspects of the service (i.e. videos used, order of service, etc.)
2. Lead the musical aspects of worship:
● select and prepare all music, develop song sets, incorporating theological truth and depth
● rehearse, coordinate and lead worship teams
● coordinate music with the sound and computer technicians
● schedule all special music and all personnel for services
● research and coordinate all dramas
● research videos that enhance a particular Sunday's theme
● be able to write and transpose musical transitions and compositions
3. Promote the worship life of the church:
● implement the church's music vision
● encourage congregational participation
● recruit and shepherd singers, musicians, and sound personnel holding them accountable for a lifestyle that represents Jesus Christ and Pontiac Bible Church well and encourages their personal walk with the Lord.
● work at ways to equip parents to incorporate a lifestyle of worship in their homes
4. Manage music ministry administrative requirements:
● meet with the pastor on a weekly basis
● develop and manage music ministry budget
● develop and coordinate the music ministry calendar with musicians and sound personnel
● post Sunday sermons to the website by Monday afternoon
5. Creativity: lead the worship team in reaching the community through worship opportunities. Discover & establish a spirit of creativity in church life & worship.
6. Preach the Word occasionally when desired or needed.
7. Evaluate the service as a whole with the pastoral staff each week.
8. Assist in other activities as requested by the Lead Pastor, including visitation, weddings, funerals, and counseling.
9. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
10. Upon a time of discussion & evaluation of one's gift mix, talent, and skill set, this position may have a few additional responsibilities as pastors wear many hats in ministry.
Supervision and Evaluation
This position is directly responsible to the Lead Pastor. The Lead Pastor, under direction of the Elder Team, will perform an annual evaluation of job performance and review the level of compensation.
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & if you have any links to videos of leading worship or preaching, feel free to include them in the email. Thank you for taking the time to read our ministry description need.